Lyudmila Purgina (Russian Federation)
Song, The coach was standing at temple... - transl. (rus.)
By unknown author, the old russian song
The coach was standing at temple,
There wedding was going on,
The guests all were dressed so neatly,
The bride was as a beautiful doll.
The white gown was on her body,
The wreath from white roses - on head.
She looked on the cricifix holy
Through rainbow of tears so sad.
The candles were burning, but pale
Was face of the bride in the church.
And hardly she could there to swear,
To say any word as an oath.
When the priest had put on her finger
The gold ring, which was shining bright,
The burst of her tears as river
Dropped over her cheeks in the sight.
I've heard as the crowd was telling:
'The bridegroom seems not fit to her...
So vainly the girl was such fated...'
I went out then from the church...
Poet Other Poems
- A burden
- A haunting melody - rabbit n fox
- A Key
- A little loss
- A love to power
- A needle
- A point
- A rest, which's...
- A.Akhmatova, A sobbing Autumn - translat...
- A.Akhmatova, And in time, when we did cu...
- A.Akhmatova, And there in corner my marb...
- A.Akhmatova, Echo - translation (rus.)
- A.Akhmatova, Grasped my hands... - trans...
- A.Akhmatova, I heard a voice. - Translat...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.