Song, The coach was standing at temple... - transl. (rus.)
By unknown author, the old russian song
The coach was standing at temple,
There wedding was going on,
The guests all were dressed so neatly,
The bride was as a beautiful doll.
The white gown was on her body,
The wreath from white roses - on head.
She looked on the cricifix holy
Through rainbow of tears so sad.
The candles were burning, but pale
Was face of the bride in the church.
And hardly she could there to swear,
To say any word as an oath.
When the priest had put on her finger
The gold ring, which was shining bright,
The burst of her tears as river
Dropped over her cheeks in the sight.
I've heard as the crowd was telling:
'The bridegroom seems not fit to her...
So vainly the girl was such fated...'
I went out then from the church...
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song, The coach was standing at temple... - transl. (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA
- to live in the kingdom of the clouds, RIC S. BASTASA
- but always remember no one owns it, RIC S. BASTASA
- Diaris Godoooo!, Rex mayor Ubini
- THE OLD MAN HAS FOUND TRUE LOVE AGAIN, RIC S. BASTASA