Song Of Delight
something was there..choking my words
and suddenly the inadvertent tears cascaded,
through the sultry looks which i was trying to achieve
It used to happen sometimes
whenever i felt tied,
with the ropes of circumstances
i felt short of words
and words without permission just paved their way
through the feelings of heart
Was this the me inside myself?
always struggling, conjuring towards the righteousness
of the epitome of worthiness?
of the society's various grudges?
My essence through which i always held goodness close to heart felt brutally smothered on the butcher's table
Was this which i experience?
a graph of the so called panache of life?
or was i going through a capability test?
I could not understand
how truth and reality were consistently driven
for a party to canards and cover ups.
My hope still sits strong
my feelings still motivated
and my heart stout and tenacious with a vigour
which consistently tells me
that no matter how low and disheartened i may feel,
but songs of delight and adulation will be sung
when the tempest will calm down..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song Of Delight by RITU BANSAL )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- To Bed! To Bed!, David Lewis Paget
- Lie, Sydney Bramer
- Christmas Holiday Thanks, louis rams
- Worthless, Sydney Bramer
- Wishing..., Almedia Knight Oliver
- I Do Love, michael walkerjohn
- My Pretty Baby, Vera Sidhwa
- Christmas Holiday Guest, louis rams
- Pretty Baby, Vera Sidhwa
- I Thought of You Today, Vera Sidhwa