Song Of Delight
something was there..choking my words
and suddenly the inadvertent tears cascaded,
through the sultry looks which i was trying to achieve
It used to happen sometimes
whenever i felt tied,
with the ropes of circumstances
i felt short of words
and words without permission just paved their way
through the feelings of heart
Was this the me inside myself?
always struggling, conjuring towards the righteousness
of the epitome of worthiness?
of the society's various grudges?
My essence through which i always held goodness close to heart felt brutally smothered on the butcher's table
Was this which i experience?
a graph of the so called panache of life?
or was i going through a capability test?
I could not understand
how truth and reality were consistently driven
for a party to canards and cover ups.
My hope still sits strong
my feelings still motivated
and my heart stout and tenacious with a vigour
which consistently tells me
that no matter how low and disheartened i may feel,
but songs of delight and adulation will be sung
when the tempest will calm down..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song Of Delight by RITU BANSAL )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(01 January 1950)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(October 27, 1932 – February 11, 1963)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Nature, natalie dejesus
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable
- The Kentucky Hangnail, Randy McClave