Song Of Delight
something was there..choking my words
and suddenly the inadvertent tears cascaded,
through the sultry looks which i was trying to achieve
It used to happen sometimes
whenever i felt tied,
with the ropes of circumstances
i felt short of words
and words without permission just paved their way
through the feelings of heart
Was this the me inside myself?
always struggling, conjuring towards the righteousness
of the epitome of worthiness?
of the society's various grudges?
My essence through which i always held goodness close to heart felt brutally smothered on the butcher's table
Was this which i experience?
a graph of the so called panache of life?
or was i going through a capability test?
I could not understand
how truth and reality were consistently driven
for a party to canards and cover ups.
My hope still sits strong
my feelings still motivated
and my heart stout and tenacious with a vigour
which consistently tells me
that no matter how low and disheartened i may feel,
but songs of delight and adulation will be sung
when the tempest will calm down..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song Of Delight by RITU BANSAL )
- A Dream, Steve Kittell
- Waiting on my time, Gypsy Pain
- Mohabbat kaamil ho gayi, Ahatisham Alam
- Single Dad, louis rams
- A Victim of Love?, Mr. Nobody
- The Ugly Brother, Von Kimball Barney
- Khwaabon ki Haqikat, Ahatisham Alam
- THE BIRTH LAND, Abhishek Kumar Singh
- Hame Rone ki aadat pad gai, Ahatisham Alam
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.72, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)