Song Of Delight
something was there..choking my words
and suddenly the inadvertent tears cascaded,
through the sultry looks which i was trying to achieve
It used to happen sometimes
whenever i felt tied,
with the ropes of circumstances
i felt short of words
and words without permission just paved their way
through the feelings of heart
Was this the me inside myself?
always struggling, conjuring towards the righteousness
of the epitome of worthiness?
of the society's various grudges?
My essence through which i always held goodness close to heart felt brutally smothered on the butcher's table
Was this which i experience?
a graph of the so called panache of life?
or was i going through a capability test?
I could not understand
how truth and reality were consistently driven
for a party to canards and cover ups.
My hope still sits strong
my feelings still motivated
and my heart stout and tenacious with a vigour
which consistently tells me
that no matter how low and disheartened i may feel,
but songs of delight and adulation will be sung
when the tempest will calm down..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song Of Delight by RITU BANSAL )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Lights connect to each other, Mohammad Siddiqui
- My silent cry echoes through the universe, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Love keeps flowering and sometimes, Gert Strydom
- We sit on a balcony, Gert Strydom
- Cheap Shots, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- COPLA 69 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Days When The Darkness Is Greater Than T.., Shalom Freedman
- STORM IN A TEACUP, Philo Yan
- Never take anybody, gajanan mishra
- All one, gajanan mishra