Sometimes I Feel Helpless. How Wistful
In the whistling
Of anywhere USA.
At the bus-stop.
A police officer
Reflects their brake lights
In a mud-puddle.
And down the street
I find a rainbow
In a puddle of gasoline.
Near the entrance
Of the gas station,
A meth-head scratches their pock marks.
They adjust their genitals
“Hey man...my car ran out of gas
Can you spare some change?
I need to get home.”
I haven't eaten all day.
“**** off. I am hungry.”
The porcelain throne
Surrounding the bowl.
Accentuating the shape
Like contour lines.
I add some class
And decorate it
In golden sprinkles.
Watch a fortune
Under the blinking shadows
Caused by a dying florescent bulb.
I walk outside,
Feel around in my pocket.
There's a tiny copy
Leaves of Grass.
That by osmosis
I can live out
It would get this bad.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sometimes I Feel Helpless. How Wistful by A.j. Binash )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Ballade [I die of thirst beside the foun.., François Villon
- To Rosemounde, Geoffrey Chaucer
- Jo aashiqui me sarvsrestha hota hai, Sumit Rawat
- Amor vincit omnia, Suhail Kakorvi
- Stilling to North, Arthur Sze
- Counting the Days, Leonard Champlin
- Blue or Green, James Galvin
- By Sun Arisen, Saiom Shriver
- From Weapon To Lifegiver, Saiom Shriver
- Ars Poetica (cocoons), Dana Levin