I wrestle with words to say to you
always working the nouns and verbs
switching them around you and me
waiting for a true sentence to form.
You never seem to notice I'm thinking beyond the situation
and your eyes glaze over a little bit with my mundane day to day
'Go away! '
your glance always flashes that statement when I get long winded.
I feel diminished in your presence somehow
if I were older or smarter or cared just a little more
maybe you'd love me like I want you to
or maybe I wouldn't demand so much that you show some interest.
It's never just right -
you and me
we are odd shapes trying to piece our lives together
instead of making a whole picture we keep bumping each others' edges.
There's really nothing to do about this predicament except wait
to see what happens -
if anything at all will ever happen
maybe we'll know for sure what my wrestling words are trying to say.
Summer Shaw's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sometimes by Summer Shaw )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Prayer For Peace, Savita Tyagi
- Unknown Qualities, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flashback of a Comrade, Barisan Chatterjee
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -73, Ronjoy Brahma
- Do No Wrong, Terence G. Craddock
- Is poet, gajanan mishra
- It just is (Spoken word poem), Fiona McCullough
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -72, Ronjoy Brahma
- Decoys, Birgitta Heikka
- Which Stones Cast Leave Permanent Scares?, Terence G. Craddock