I wrestle with words to say to you
always working the nouns and verbs
switching them around you and me
waiting for a true sentence to form.
You never seem to notice I'm thinking beyond the situation
and your eyes glaze over a little bit with my mundane day to day
'Go away! '
your glance always flashes that statement when I get long winded.
I feel diminished in your presence somehow
if I were older or smarter or cared just a little more
maybe you'd love me like I want you to
or maybe I wouldn't demand so much that you show some interest.
It's never just right -
you and me
we are odd shapes trying to piece our lives together
instead of making a whole picture we keep bumping each others' edges.
There's really nothing to do about this predicament except wait
to see what happens -
if anything at all will ever happen
maybe we'll know for sure what my wrestling words are trying to say.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sometimes by Summer Shaw )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Speak up Luciana Berger MP, Barney Rooney
- Is this why Kurdistan?, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Filthy Creature, Shemsi Elsani
- Hear The Rain Typing, Kyle Schlicher
- 12 Hour Ceasefire, Not Here
- An english Or American Beauty Want I For.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cancer, Nassy Fesharaki
- Choosing The China Pattern For The Weddi.., mary douglas
- Bending lies into your truth, Leylek D. Sovura
- Chaos on 11-12-2007, Kyle Schlicher