I wrestle with words to say to you
always working the nouns and verbs
switching them around you and me
waiting for a true sentence to form.
You never seem to notice I'm thinking beyond the situation
and your eyes glaze over a little bit with my mundane day to day
'Go away! '
your glance always flashes that statement when I get long winded.
I feel diminished in your presence somehow
if I were older or smarter or cared just a little more
maybe you'd love me like I want you to
or maybe I wouldn't demand so much that you show some interest.
It's never just right -
you and me
we are odd shapes trying to piece our lives together
instead of making a whole picture we keep bumping each others' edges.
There's really nothing to do about this predicament except wait
to see what happens -
if anything at all will ever happen
maybe we'll know for sure what my wrestling words are trying to say.
Summer Shaw's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sometimes by Summer Shaw )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Woodcutter, prayash purush
- A Deprived Child, Dona Jean
- Meditation, Rimni chakravarty
- Dear! It Has To Be you, Rimni chakravarty
- Upon These Adored Shores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Myself, Rimni chakravarty
- A tale of two trees, Ricky Nyairo
- Priceless Price, Persian Nightingale
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo