Someone To Talk To
There was a boy
A very sad and lonely boy
Who had no one to talk to.
And then one day
He called the name
Of someone he had heard of
But didn't really know.
That someone heard and came to him,
In perfect stillness answered thus:
'I will listen to your sadness,
I will hear your deepest fears.
I will wrap my love around you,
I will sooth away your tears.
I'll believe you not deceive you.
And even when our battle's won,
I'm the Father who won't leave you,
I am God
And you're my son'.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Someone To Talk To by Connie Yost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Why? Why? Why?, Praghyanjali Pal
- I Cannot At Will Summon The Tone Of Beauty, Shalom Freedman
- O, God, Neela Nath
- The Seed of Greatness, Silas Egbowon
- Metamorphosis, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Scent of the Rain, Steven Rhoads
- Limits to Eternity, The Princess
- Reflecting Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What is love, gajanan mishra
- Women, Nassy Fesharaki