Someone To Talk To
There was a boy
A very sad and lonely boy
Who had no one to talk to.
And then one day
He called the name
Of someone he had heard of
But didn't really know.
That someone heard and came to him,
In perfect stillness answered thus:
'I will listen to your sadness,
I will hear your deepest fears.
I will wrap my love around you,
I will sooth away your tears.
I'll believe you not deceive you.
And even when our battle's won,
I'm the Father who won't leave you,
I am God
And you're my son'.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Someone To Talk To by Connie Yost )
- I Could Not But Be Afar, Pijush Biswas
- One Minute Fool, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- It's Evening, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- My Life Today, Ron Baratono
- River Seeks The Low Points, Saiom Shriver
- Sea Sights, Saiom Shriver
- Revolving Cross, Saiom Shriver
- Words Awash, Saiom Shriver
- The Now., RAJ VIKRAM
- The Mirror, RAJ VIKRAM
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- November, Thomas Hood
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)