Some Dark Space
I am afraid of myself,
afraid of all I do not control.
What goes on in my unconscious?
What happens in the time
How does one go from,
the highest elevation,
to the deepest trench,
in a mere second?
What is going on
in the shadows of my mind;
Is there some forbidden library
where it houses it's secrets from me?
Is it whispering your name
more often than I think?
Am I really the one in control,
or have I been told lies
by some enigma in my mind;
by some being I cannot see?
I certainly gave no admittance
to all of this!
Could it be listening to me
as I write these words,
in this very moment?
Does it know the words
before they are sentences?
Is some dark space in my mind
plotting against me?
B.B. Loring's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Some Dark Space by B.B. Loring )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Paul Laurence Dunbar
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)