Some Dark Space
I am afraid of myself,
afraid of all I do not control.
What goes on in my unconscious?
What happens in the time
How does one go from,
the highest elevation,
to the deepest trench,
in a mere second?
What is going on
in the shadows of my mind;
Is there some forbidden library
where it houses it's secrets from me?
Is it whispering your name
more often than I think?
Am I really the one in control,
or have I been told lies
by some enigma in my mind;
by some being I cannot see?
I certainly gave no admittance
to all of this!
Could it be listening to me
as I write these words,
in this very moment?
Does it know the words
before they are sentences?
Is some dark space in my mind
plotting against me?
B.B. Loring's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Some Dark Space by B.B. Loring )
- Simply Is No End, Margaret Alice Second
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Intellectual Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God Is Light, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Welcome Autumn, Abdullah alHemaidy
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
- Death wish, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Through crisis, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Maurice Polydore-Marie-Bernard Maeterlinck
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1886 - 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)