Some Dark Space
I am afraid of myself,
afraid of all I do not control.
What goes on in my unconscious?
What happens in the time
How does one go from,
the highest elevation,
to the deepest trench,
in a mere second?
What is going on
in the shadows of my mind;
Is there some forbidden library
where it houses it's secrets from me?
Is it whispering your name
more often than I think?
Am I really the one in control,
or have I been told lies
by some enigma in my mind;
by some being I cannot see?
I certainly gave no admittance
to all of this!
Could it be listening to me
as I write these words,
in this very moment?
Does it know the words
before they are sentences?
Is some dark space in my mind
plotting against me?
B.B. Loring's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Some Dark Space by B.B. Loring )
Still I Rise
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- WH Auden
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Scott Holland
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
- Francis Duggan
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
William Makepeace Thackeray
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- For John, Who Begs Me Not To Enquire Fur.., Anne Sexton
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- As I was walking, Walter de la Mare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Selecting A Reader, Ted Kooser
- Million Man March Poem, Maya Angelou
- Little Billee, William Makepeace Thackeray
- Refugee Blues, WH Auden
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda