Soldier On The Beach
he laid on the gaza beach, the m-16 within his reach
at a young age he was taught, that the palestinians had always fought
fighting for freedom and the land, was something that he could understand
but this was a day of relaxation, away from the war and the devastation.
the waves rolling in to the shore - peace and quiet at last once more.
will there ever be peace on the gaza strip?
or will i forever have a gun on my hip!
centuries have gone by and still the battle rages
no one is willing to adjust to changes.
so many countries have been divided in two
civil war was all they knew.
there is never peace! always unrest
is GOD putting us to a test?
when will these murders end?
that we could become neighbors and friends.
there are three things that rule this world
politics, religion, and greed.
why is it that people don't read!
whether it be the bible, the koran, or any other religious book
we must stop and take a look!
no where does it say to destroy one another
when we are all sister and brother.
this soldier is now relaxing on the beach
this is something that our children we should teach.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Soldier On The Beach by louis rams )
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rickshaw and the Puller, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dreaming of Things While I Remain In My .., Rohit Sapra
- Facebooker, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Kidultnap, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Laugh, arshad arshad
- Puzzle of a Lovely Girl's Name!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- E- Humanity, Aamir Joyci
- In Memory of my Mother, George Pfumbi
- I Saw You Today, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner, Randall Jarrell
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)