Soldier On The Beach
he laid on the gaza beach, the m-16 within his reach
at a young age he was taught, that the palestinians had always fought
fighting for freedom and the land, was something that he could understand
but this was a day of relaxation, away from the war and the devastation.
the waves rolling in to the shore - peace and quiet at last once more.
will there ever be peace on the gaza strip?
or will i forever have a gun on my hip!
centuries have gone by and still the battle rages
no one is willing to adjust to changes.
so many countries have been divided in two
civil war was all they knew.
there is never peace! always unrest
is GOD putting us to a test?
when will these murders end?
that we could become neighbors and friends.
there are three things that rule this world
politics, religion, and greed.
why is it that people don't read!
whether it be the bible, the koran, or any other religious book
we must stop and take a look!
no where does it say to destroy one another
when we are all sister and brother.
this soldier is now relaxing on the beach
this is something that our children we should teach.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Soldier On The Beach by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- आंनि बोरै गोरोन्थि जाखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Odia Poem- JHADA, Jitendra seth
- Gratitude, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- My Thoughts, Michael P. McParland
- Impact of snow climate., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My limbs, gajanan mishra
- PARUI POLICE BRUTALITY, Bireswar Halder
- Sacred Kailas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- VIRTUAL POET FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- The Imponderable, Sandra Feldman