Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
Solace of Love
What wind thy memory canst blow?
What rain thy name written canst wash?
Thy mark written all over
That the thought of thee in the wake of the morning,
Gladens my heart.
No other love greater than thee I see.
In the thought of the night you are my dream,
When I gambol on the hallmark of silence,
I feel thy great hold with
Whispers of love.
I long for thee so greatly I can't wait.
Come take me,
For all I live is thee
And to die, is thee
For my breathe with thee forever liveth.
My heart forever to thee belongs
Even in my insolence, is thy solace cast
Upon my troubled being
Sweeping the tears running down my cheeks with
Thy wind of adore,
The beauty of thy being.
As I am, thee I beg to take,
Hold me to thee close, never let loose; for
What be my world without thee,
What be my breathe without thy fan
Burn me with love and I shall blaze,
Roast me with kisses and I shall be renewed.
Cast your wings of love
To shield me from ugly claws,
Let thy shadow be my solace in lonely days,
In trials and hard times, let me hear your voice
And when the night falls on me,
Let your smile be my consolation to rest in thy bossom-
While I take my breathe of peace.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Solace of Love by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
- When Negligence falls in love!, Beloufa Chahra
- Over And Out Of Your Life, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Mosque, Wani Rahil
- A Vision, nadia abduljabbar
- Distance, Beloufa Chahra
- Child's Grace, Randy McClave
- The Many Worlds Of Multiverses, Is It Poetry
- Meaningful Treasures, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Control, Garrett Doff
- Thoughts, Garrett Doff
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Negro Mother, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Rose that Grew from Concrete, Tupac Shakur
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)