Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
Solace of Love
What wind thy memory canst blow?
What rain thy name written canst wash?
Thy mark written all over
That the thought of thee in the wake of the morning,
Gladens my heart.
No other love greater than thee I see.
In the thought of the night you are my dream,
When I gambol on the hallmark of silence,
I feel thy great hold with
Whispers of love.
I long for thee so greatly I can't wait.
Come take me,
For all I live is thee
And to die, is thee
For my breathe with thee forever liveth.
My heart forever to thee belongs
Even in my insolence, is thy solace cast
Upon my troubled being
Sweeping the tears running down my cheeks with
Thy wind of adore,
The beauty of thy being.
As I am, thee I beg to take,
Hold me to thee close, never let loose; for
What be my world without thee,
What be my breathe without thy fan
Burn me with love and I shall blaze,
Roast me with kisses and I shall be renewed.
Cast your wings of love
To shield me from ugly claws,
Let thy shadow be my solace in lonely days,
In trials and hard times, let me hear your voice
And when the night falls on me,
Let your smile be my consolation to rest in thy bossom-
While I take my breathe of peace.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Solace of Love by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Gordon D Wilkinson
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(01 January 1950)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Truce of Night, Lucy Maud Montgomery
Poem of the Day
- What I Dream And What I Find, Amitava Sur
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable