I search my soul and try to explore,
Watching the ocean tides from the shore,
Setting of the sun and Rising of the moon,
The warm breeze in the month of June….
Opening of a new chapter everyday,
Though previous chapter for us to pay,
Surprises galore to be understood,
Winking of the eye behind the hood….
Changing of beliefs causing pain,
Wondering often what is the gain,
Feeling of emptiness killing slowly,
Some vacuums though filling surely….
Hope lessons learnt unravel the mystery,
Sweet fruits are borne on the life tree,
No matter how the story eventually unfolds,
Make sure it is better than any already told….
shveta sahal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sojourn by shveta sahal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- the gramophone record, Somanathan Iyer
- the idiot box, Somanathan Iyer
- We can't live, Somanathan Iyer
- Ideals, Somanathan Iyer
- That's Racist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The best I could do, Somanathan Iyer
- A Confidence Born Of Grace, John deVries
- HAIKU...The Wizard of Ice, Ken e Hall
- Beautiful, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Landscapes Of Rhythm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak