Distorted light and muffled sound,
Snow is sprinkled on the ground.
Nobody needs us, neither of us is pursued,
Only the snow angels are allowed to intrude.
Alone with you, no one is near us,
People can peer but they won't see or hear us.
I could hold your hand and no one would know,
Totally masked by the glitter blizzard of snow.
We could sit warm by the fire until it's nothing but ashes,
I would flick the snow off your lovely eyelashes.
Cosy and warm, in our wood cabin home,
If the room became crowded, we would still be alone.
And when others try to reach us or try to intrude,
We don’t think them mean, we don’t think them rude.
They may try to shake, or may try to stir us,
But they do not upset and they do not deter us.
The snow just falls heavier; and will further blur us.
And as it snows harder, the closer you hold -
Just out of joy for the snow isn't cold;
It just sparkles and glistens, blocking their view;
But why would my eyes stray from you?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Snowglobe by Harry Radcliffe )
- Ocean of Dreams, Bill Cantrell
- My Ego & my Wife, Laxman Rao
- Seed of Revenge, Oduro Bright Amoh
- In The Blue, Spiritwind Wood
- Love me when I am afraid to lust, Nancy Handabile
- Chilled Petal, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Yes, We Are Nigeria, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
- 1960, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Days Gone, Spiritwind Wood
- Spark of a thought, Laxman Rao
Poem of the Day
- Nettles, Vernon Scannell
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet 14 - If thou must love me, let it.., Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY, Vivek Tiwari
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)