Distorted light and muffled sound,
Snow is sprinkled on the ground.
Nobody needs us, neither of us is pursued,
Only the snow angels are allowed to intrude.
Alone with you, no one is near us,
People can peer but they won't see or hear us.
I could hold your hand and no one would know,
Totally masked by the glitter blizzard of snow.
We could sit warm by the fire until it's nothing but ashes,
I would flick the snow off your lovely eyelashes.
Cosy and warm, in our wood cabin home,
If the room became crowded, we would still be alone.
And when others try to reach us or try to intrude,
We don’t think them mean, we don’t think them rude.
They may try to shake, or may try to stir us,
But they do not upset and they do not deter us.
The snow just falls heavier; and will further blur us.
And as it snows harder, the closer you hold -
Just out of joy for the snow isn't cold;
It just sparkles and glistens, blocking their view;
But why would my eyes stray from you?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Snowglobe by Harry Radcliffe )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Casey Renee Kiser
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Cremation Of Sam McGee, Robert William Service
Poem of the Day
- Your Voice, Gina Borrebach
- Therapy in America at Christmas in 2014, Bill Grace
- Lost, Paul Sebastian
- Farewell 2014, Paul Sebastian
- The Right Religion, Kevin Forbes
- Miles away, hannah wilbert
- (8) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- A life unexamined, Robert Plese
- Dying, Dipankar Chakraborty
- Quotation # 5, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..