The room was suddenly rich and the great bay-window was
Spawning snow and pink roses against it
Soundlessly collateral and incompatible:
World is suddener than we fancy it.
World is crazier and more of it than we think,
Incorrigibly plural. I peel and portion
A tangerine and spit the pips and feel
The drunkenness of things being various.
And the fire flames with a bubbling sound for world
Is more spiteful and gay than one supposes–
On the tongue on the eyes on the ears in the palms of your hands–
There is more than glass between the snow and the huge roses.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Snow by Louis Macneice )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Worthy, Michael McParland
- Withdrawl, Michael McParland
- Wish Oh Wish, Michael McParland
- Windows, Michael McParland
- For The First Time, Edward Kofi Louis
- Wind Across The Barren Land, Michael McParland
- Why?, Michael McParland
- Blue Background, Edward Kofi Louis
- Why Am I? ........., Michael McParland
- Camel-Toe, Dean Meredith