The stars fall down
In infinities of increment,
Each star an evanescent gem.
Unique multitudes to astound
And stultify awareness
With its depths of creativity.
This galaxy accumulates
In my back yard, crushed
In traverse of cats, mice, birds.
It lightly lights on every horizontal
Branch and limb and twig,
Leaps out again at any wisp of wind,
Swirls like smoke to outline
Each dancing whirlwind;
Surrenders, finally, to its love
Of gravity to embrace the ground.
There it lies until an errant winter sun
Inspires its moisture back to spirit,
So to rise invisible back to the clouds,
Revert again to playful hexagonals
That swim in sunlight, fall again.
Jan Sand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Snow by Jan Sand )
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris
- Intellectual Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard