Lawrence S. Pertillar
Smooth surfaces do not begin,
With them paved to be laid that way.
And those unaccustomed,
To adventure with a making of their own path...
Through obstacles and stumbling blocks,
To remove before allowing themselves safe passage...
Are those who choose to complain a lot,
About the time it takes to correct mistakes...
As others sweat and toil to accept,
Comments made by naysayers...
Contributing nothing but excuses heard to make,
While convincing themselves they supervise too.
Taking notes to critique a completed and smooth surface.
To then seek a rating that justifies the work,
Done by the doer who provides the opportunity.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smooth Surfaces by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Lay Me Down, Myrtle Thomas
- Dessert Deluge ..... [ 'just' DESSERTS,.., Bri Edwards
- Standard asset, gajanan mishra
- AnyThing In ReTurn, Kewayne Wadley
- If all we know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)