Lawrence S. Pertillar
Smooth surfaces do not begin,
With them paved to be laid that way.
And those unaccustomed,
To adventure with a making of their own path...
Through obstacles and stumbling blocks,
To remove before allowing themselves safe passage...
Are those who choose to complain a lot,
About the time it takes to correct mistakes...
As others sweat and toil to accept,
Comments made by naysayers...
Contributing nothing but excuses heard to make,
While convincing themselves they supervise too.
Taking notes to critique a completed and smooth surface.
To then seek a rating that justifies the work,
Done by the doer who provides the opportunity.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smooth Surfaces by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- The technique of survival., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Gift Logic Can't Buy, Donal Mahoney
- Rain-A Mirror, RAJ VIKRAM
- My Hero, Electric Lady
- A Drive, Kai Wendland
- a heart full of love..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Poppy Flower, Zubair Ali
- Remembrance., RAJ VIKRAM
- Departures, Donal Mahoney
- Follow not, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)