Its been awhile since I've seen that smile,
You've always had a way of making problems shrink to nothing.
I hold onto your hands as I glance around,
I've had my ups and downs,
Smiled and cried,
I've seen the world turn to nothing,
Yet it was was always everything.
I've watched you come and go,
Though it took so long,
I finally let you go.
I let your fingers slip away from mine,
I finally did my life some good this time,
because your eyes don't lie,
You wasn't any good for me.
No more tears and misadventures,
Only smiles in this life of mine.
Casandra Vice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smile. by Casandra Vice )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Poem of the Day
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George
- Legacy (2015), MILTON STYNER
- Glittering Textures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Symbol Forests, Ananta Madhavan