Its been awhile since I've seen that smile,
You've always had a way of making problems shrink to nothing.
I hold onto your hands as I glance around,
I've had my ups and downs,
Smiled and cried,
I've seen the world turn to nothing,
Yet it was was always everything.
I've watched you come and go,
Though it took so long,
I finally let you go.
I let your fingers slip away from mine,
I finally did my life some good this time,
because your eyes don't lie,
You wasn't any good for me.
No more tears and misadventures,
Only smiles in this life of mine.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smile. by Casandra Vice )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- "Why do I love" You, Sir?, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Sonnet 504, Luis Estable
- Tale of Nail - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Sonnet 502, Luis Estable
- make MANDELA's feat never fail 'ME', sEaN nOrTh
- God given treasure, Arcely Talicuad
- Christmas Eve, Tony md chamasense
- Peshawar, Sari Mavi
- Untouched Flower, Edward Kofi Louis
- Let's Share, Peter S. Quinn
- Into Darkness, Suparnna Anilkumar