Palas Kumar Ray
We do not text to each other these days
but yesterday my old friend texted
'Smile is address of life.
smile is a way to get success
smile is to win the hearts
smile improves your personality
so, smile always.'
This time I smiled for a reason
I told to myself
This text might have come
to a wrong address, by mistake.
Or she is forgetting now
how hard once I smiled
but address of life
was not found
neither success nor the heart.
Little bit of personality improved
only when I could learn
how to hide smiles.
I also told to myself
need not be replied.
I will talk to her instead.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smile! by Palas Kumar Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- She Buried Three, Alicia C. Cooper
- Oxygen, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Remembering Charlotte, Alicia C. Cooper
- SCARRING, Satish Verma
- you not a good being, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- The Invention of Streetlights, Cole Swensen
- teenage pregnancy, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- Emerge into one, hasmukh amathalal
- do you still remember?, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- The Power Holders, ali chukwuemeka