Palas Kumar Ray
We do not text to each other these days
but yesterday my old friend texted
'Smile is address of life.
smile is a way to get success
smile is to win the hearts
smile improves your personality
so, smile always.'
This time I smiled for a reason
I told to myself
This text might have come
to a wrong address, by mistake.
Or she is forgetting now
how hard once I smiled
but address of life
was not found
neither success nor the heart.
Little bit of personality improved
only when I could learn
how to hide smiles.
I also told to myself
need not be replied.
I will talk to her instead.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smile! by Palas Kumar Ray )
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal
- Fast Women Speedily Breathing, Luva Boy
- With contentment, hasmukh amathalal
- Not Mini-Apolis, Von Kimball Barney
- NO TIME WASTED, Peter LeBuhn
- Our World, Claude H Oliver II