Palas Kumar Ray
We do not text to each other these days
but yesterday my old friend texted
'Smile is address of life.
smile is a way to get success
smile is to win the hearts
smile improves your personality
so, smile always.'
This time I smiled for a reason
I told to myself
This text might have come
to a wrong address, by mistake.
Or she is forgetting now
how hard once I smiled
but address of life
was not found
neither success nor the heart.
Little bit of personality improved
only when I could learn
how to hide smiles.
I also told to myself
need not be replied.
I will talk to her instead.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smile! by Palas Kumar Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...
- Lee F. Majors, Richard Thripp
- All Dogs Go 2 Heaven, Richard Flappa
- Smashed Potatoes, Richard Thripp
- From Our Father, louis rams