Smell of Desire
Lust glows slyly in her eyes.
'Your eyes are your soul's mirrors', they say.
I cast a stare inside those clear blue lakes of hers.
What hidden desires sleep deep within you
My little-innocent one?
Inexplicably her flaming gaze pierces through my skin
Boils my blood, quivers my heart.
'I can't sleep anymore!
I think of you! '
Her lips whisper them uncanny words in Ether
And the world beneath my feet crumbles into piercing shards.
I am breathless and l loose my bearings.
My human spirit starts asking absurd questions such as
Does my mere existence have a meaning in this life? And
Will I go to Hell for yearning so much for her gaze upon my gaze,
For her breath upon my breath?
I am yours! ..
I can't sleep...
I am yours...
My little one, now she is not pure anymore.
Biting her lip purposefully
Deliberately exhaling her breath unto my neck.
I smell her craving, I perceive her appeals.
I am scorched and ablaze because of her consuming desires.
Of hers and mine, coalesced together in a vicious hunger for ardor.
Oh, Almighty One, enlighten my path!
'I can't sleep, I really can't!
I am thinking of you! '
I am a lost soul, trapped within the claws of her temptation!
Oh Almighty One I seek salvation…
It's late, too late to implore for compassion.
... I've already lost my path to redemption.
Besa Dede's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smell of Desire by Besa Dede )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Naveed Khalid
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
Sir Walter Scott
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- An Eagle, Md. Ziaul Haque
- New Neighbour, Md. Ziaul Haque
- I Feel Free, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- O, No!, gajanan mishra
- Grand Hand, Michael McParland
- Waking Up in the foam of soap and a stac.., padli monas
- His & her roles reverse, Mark Heathcote
- Water, Mark Heathcote
- My Coquette Moon, Guillermo Veloso