Smell of Desire
Lust glows slyly in her eyes.
'Your eyes are your soul's mirrors', they say.
I cast a stare inside those clear blue lakes of hers.
What hidden desires sleep deep within you
My little-innocent one?
Inexplicably her flaming gaze pierces through my skin
Boils my blood, quivers my heart.
'I can't sleep anymore!
I think of you! '
Her lips whisper them uncanny words in Ether
And the world beneath my feet crumbles into piercing shards.
I am breathless and l loose my bearings.
My human spirit starts asking absurd questions such as
Does my mere existence have a meaning in this life? And
Will I go to Hell for yearning so much for her gaze upon my gaze,
For her breath upon my breath?
I am yours! ..
I can't sleep...
I am yours...
My little one, now she is not pure anymore.
Biting her lip purposefully
Deliberately exhaling her breath unto my neck.
I smell her craving, I perceive her appeals.
I am scorched and ablaze because of her consuming desires.
Of hers and mine, coalesced together in a vicious hunger for ardor.
Oh, Almighty One, enlighten my path!
'I can't sleep, I really can't!
I am thinking of you! '
I am a lost soul, trapped within the claws of her temptation!
Oh Almighty One I seek salvation…
It's late, too late to implore for compassion.
... I've already lost my path to redemption.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smell of Desire by Besa Dede )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I wish to tell you, gajanan mishra
- LOVE....................., BUNMI OROGUN SAMUEL
- My Mind Paints, Kyle Schlicher
- The Black Cat With The Burning Eyes Jump.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Chatia Baba, The Lord of The Woods!, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Held You In My Arms, Kyle Schlicher
- i'm tired..., Cherryl Ann Ilustre
- Poetess, Angela Khristin Brown
- In the midst, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Dance, Angela Khristin Brown