Smell of Desire
Lust glows slyly in her eyes.
'Your eyes are your soul's mirrors', they say.
I cast a stare inside those clear blue lakes of hers.
What hidden desires sleep deep within you
My little-innocent one?
Inexplicably her flaming gaze pierces through my skin
Boils my blood, quivers my heart.
'I can't sleep anymore!
I think of you! '
Her lips whisper them uncanny words in Ether
And the world beneath my feet crumbles into piercing shards.
I am breathless and l loose my bearings.
My human spirit starts asking absurd questions such as
Does my mere existence have a meaning in this life? And
Will I go to Hell for yearning so much for her gaze upon my gaze,
For her breath upon my breath?
I am yours! ..
I can't sleep...
I am yours...
My little one, now she is not pure anymore.
Biting her lip purposefully
Deliberately exhaling her breath unto my neck.
I smell her craving, I perceive her appeals.
I am scorched and ablaze because of her consuming desires.
Of hers and mine, coalesced together in a vicious hunger for ardor.
Oh, Almighty One, enlighten my path!
'I can't sleep, I really can't!
I am thinking of you! '
I am a lost soul, trapped within the claws of her temptation!
Oh Almighty One I seek salvation…
It's late, too late to implore for compassion.
... I've already lost my path to redemption.
Besa Dede's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smell of Desire by Besa Dede )
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Let all people, hasmukh amathalal
- To be successful…, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- This parts all without you, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)