Sing me to sleep mommy,
Tuck me in dad,
Lay with me lover,
Take me away God.
Let me drift off and slumber,
But don’t let me wake up,
Help me slip away from this world,
And give me goodbye hugs.
Tell people I love them,
I’ll write them a note,
Saying all the things I couldn’t,
Before I fell asleep.
Sleep well mom,
I’ll see you later,
In years to come.
I’m sorry that I left,
But it needed to be done,
Goodnight my family,
Goodbye to them.
Crystal Blanchette's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Slumber by Crystal Blanchette )
- Gift of love, ramesh rai
- Tides And Emotions., Marcondes Pereira
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal
- Fast Women Speedily Breathing, Luva Boy
- With contentment, hasmukh amathalal
- Not Mini-Apolis, Von Kimball Barney