Sterling A. Brown
Slim Greer in Hell
Slim Greer went to heaven;
St. Peter said, "Slim,
You been a right good boy."
An' he winked at him.
"You been travelin' rascal
You kin roam once mo';
Den you come to stay.
"Put dese wings on yo' shoulders,
An' save yo' feet."
Slim grin, and he speak up,
Den Peter say, "Go
To Hell an' see,
All dat is doing, and
Report to me.
"Be sure to remember
How everything go."
Slim say, "I be seein' yuh
On de late watch, bo."
Slim got to cavortin'
Swell as you choose,
Like Lindy in de Spirit
Of St. Louis Blues.
He flew an' he flew,
Till at last he hit
A hangar wid de sign readin'
DIS IS IT.
Den he parked his wings,
An' strolled aroun',
Gittin' used to his feet
On de solid ground.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Slim Greer in Hell by Sterling A. Brown )
- I wear a sweater now, The Princess
- Morning Triku V, Steve Kittell
- To My Love, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Scrutinized As Being Abusive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sting, Foster Teegarden
- Some Ghoul, Foster Teegarden
- the man of christmas, Faith Taylors
- My Description, Foster Teegarden
- Scared to love you, leanne royle
- Pain, leanne royle
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)