Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen
The flower dropped into the well.
The boys disbanded.
Oh! My eye,
Your eye has become a minaret and ash.
Time was almost dawn
And no one housed you: who houses us?
Your palm was empty except for the scent of myrtle
And of a dream extended to fuse the circle of people
Into flowers, Euphrates and date palms.
Running after the years tried us.
A letter like a hot bull tried us:
How could we tame it by our nails?
Our nails were full of the moaning,
Of blood and head.
You who dropped the flower into the well
You who dropped the flower into the guards' well.
Now you have become no more than a blind dervish
Weeping in the darkness for God's sun.
At this moment there is no one to protect you from
The people's action
The people are asleep…..asleep
Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleeplessness by Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Raising boys, christina hodges
- Not Goodbye But See You Later, Amber Collins
Poem of the Day
- Paris Will Never Be The Same, Alan W. Jankowski
- Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Alan W. Jankowski
- Grandpa, Alan W. Jankowski
- Happiness And Purpose, Alan W. Jankowski
- MY OATH DUE TO YOUR LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- The Sparrow, Robert Plese
- The Bemused, Robert Plese
- Time's departure, hasmukh amathalal
- We Were Born Naked, Michael Webb
- No race, hasmukh amathalal