Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen
The flower dropped into the well.
The boys disbanded.
Oh! My eye,
Your eye has become a minaret and ash.
Time was almost dawn
And no one housed you: who houses us?
Your palm was empty except for the scent of myrtle
And of a dream extended to fuse the circle of people
Into flowers, Euphrates and date palms.
Running after the years tried us.
A letter like a hot bull tried us:
How could we tame it by our nails?
Our nails were full of the moaning,
Of blood and head.
You who dropped the flower into the well
You who dropped the flower into the guards' well.
Now you have become no more than a blind dervish
Weeping in the darkness for God's sun.
At this moment there is no one to protect you from
The people's action
The people are asleep…..asleep
Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleeplessness by Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen )
- Sa hagupit ni Yolanda, nagkabuhol-buhol, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- falling down a well; well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
- Poets, Do You Agree?, Sandra Feldman
- broad boy souffle, derrick foster
- PH: Nature: Canoeing The Mississippi - P.., Brian Johnston
- Steps Of Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Whispers Of Ancient Parables, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns