Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen
The flower dropped into the well.
The boys disbanded.
Oh! My eye,
Your eye has become a minaret and ash.
Time was almost dawn
And no one housed you: who houses us?
Your palm was empty except for the scent of myrtle
And of a dream extended to fuse the circle of people
Into flowers, Euphrates and date palms.
Running after the years tried us.
A letter like a hot bull tried us:
How could we tame it by our nails?
Our nails were full of the moaning,
Of blood and head.
You who dropped the flower into the well
You who dropped the flower into the guards' well.
Now you have become no more than a blind dervish
Weeping in the darkness for God's sun.
At this moment there is no one to protect you from
The people's action
The people are asleep…..asleep
Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleeplessness by Adeeb Kamal Ad-Deen )
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart