Years have past and my heart still breaks
Somehow you completed me in the most magical way.
As we continue to stroll down our soul mate's path
I know that we will continue never-ending laughter
When I placed my hand in your hand
I trusted you with my heart.
This was only the start.
To be accepted and loved unconditionally.
My time spent with you
Somehow when I wasn't looking
your love slipped quietly into my heart.
And I knew deep down we will never be apart
The love that you shine down on me
is brighter than the sun.
Just pure happiness makes me feel
like I've won.
Because your love is a gift
that could never be replaced.
I know that these feelings will never be erased.
As our sleeping voices will always be awake
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleeping Voices by Miriam Owens )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle
- Darling, Anthony Di'anno
- Bright Shades of Life, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoy's Lament, Bill Lindsay
- The valley of Utah, Rekha Mandagere