Years have past and my heart still breaks
Somehow you completed me in the most magical way.
As we continue to stroll down our soul mate's path
I know that we will continue never-ending laughter
When I placed my hand in your hand
I trusted you with my heart.
This was only the start.
To be accepted and loved unconditionally.
My time spent with you
Somehow when I wasn't looking
your love slipped quietly into my heart.
And I knew deep down we will never be apart
The love that you shine down on me
is brighter than the sun.
Just pure happiness makes me feel
like I've won.
Because your love is a gift
that could never be replaced.
I know that these feelings will never be erased.
As our sleeping voices will always be awake
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleeping Voices by Miriam Owens )
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
- बहाना/ Bahaanaa, Aftab Alam
- a dream, jaquesha webb
- I Go Far to Fetch the Truth, with Hope, Aftab Alam
- One a.m., Susan Lacovara
- The War Against Lopping, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)