All the tides washed away all my emotions,
Leaving me blank.
Poems were my passion.
Started very few days away.
I took a blank paper,
And painted it with different colours
Though I am colourless from inside
Somehow my colours on paper did wonders.
Some stroke did I make it.
Some pencil strokes did wonders.
Finally a sketch was made.
I wondered who it could be
I never thought of anyone
While making this sketch.
I could feel,
I have seen the person somewhere.
My brain started
Roaming in search of
The face which my
Hands sketched unknowingly.
Oops! Its the same person
I had just a glance on shopping mall
Whose smiling portrait
Did captivated ones heart
Yes, it the same you
Who did wonders in
Especially in the college days.
Who captivated millions of heart
Did I captivate you in my heart too!
So is my sketch caught you!
After long years you looked
So different in portrait
That I couldn't recognise
You were same my dear old classmate!
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sketch by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
- If it wasn't for country music, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Really Can't…, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)