All the tides washed away all my emotions,
Leaving me blank.
Poems were my passion.
Started very few days away.
I took a blank paper,
And painted it with different colours
Though I am colourless from inside
Somehow my colours on paper did wonders.
Some stroke did I make it.
Some pencil strokes did wonders.
Finally a sketch was made.
I wondered who it could be
I never thought of anyone
While making this sketch.
I could feel,
I have seen the person somewhere.
My brain started
Roaming in search of
The face which my
Hands sketched unknowingly.
Oops! Its the same person
I had just a glance on shopping mall
Whose smiling portrait
Did captivated ones heart
Yes, it the same you
Who did wonders in
Especially in the college days.
Who captivated millions of heart
Did I captivate you in my heart too!
So is my sketch caught you!
After long years you looked
So different in portrait
That I couldn't recognise
You were same my dear old classmate!
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sketch by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Beauty Never Lasts, Bareerah Bilal
- The Trail of the Snail, Frank Weedings
- Limerick-66, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- winter nights, lee fones
- The Raging Fire, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Veni, Vidi, Vici, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Escape to Freedom, Bareerah Bilal
- - White Buffalo -, Joe Muschaweck
- Plants are Soul of Earth, Rohit Sapra
- Phenomenal Woman या 'सम्पूर्ण स्त्री' (H.., Rajnish Manga
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)