All the tides washed away all my emotions,
Leaving me blank.
Poems were my passion.
Started very few days away.
I took a blank paper,
And painted it with different colours
Though I am colourless from inside
Somehow my colours on paper did wonders.
Some stroke did I make it.
Some pencil strokes did wonders.
Finally a sketch was made.
I wondered who it could be
I never thought of anyone
While making this sketch.
I could feel,
I have seen the person somewhere.
My brain started
Roaming in search of
The face which my
Hands sketched unknowingly.
Oops! Its the same person
I had just a glance on shopping mall
Whose smiling portrait
Did captivated ones heart
Yes, it the same you
Who did wonders in
Especially in the college days.
Who captivated millions of heart
Did I captivate you in my heart too!
So is my sketch caught you!
After long years you looked
So different in portrait
That I couldn't recognise
You were same my dear old classmate!
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sketch by Geetha Jayakumar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(9 April 1821 – 31 August 1867)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Not necessarily, hasmukh amathalal
- I embrace my pen, gajanan mishra
- Loveless Love, Paul Hartal
- But vicinty, hasmukh amathalal
- Past Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Still Small Voice, Leong Ming Loong
- Gap and divide, hasmukh amathalal
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Mulugkhw..., Swrji Basumatary
- Being Entertained By Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak