Siva Kept Three Eyes Beautifully, O’god!
Coconut over the top of the coconut tree
growing with the water in the ground free
sucking with its root; for that also the Lord
Siva kept three eyes beautifully, O’God!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Siva kept three eyes beautifully, O’God! ' is a translation of a nice Tamil poem by Poet D.Venkatachalam, wondering the presence of three closed holes resembling eyes in the coconut.
நிலம் இரு நீரை வேரால் இழுத்து
வளர்ந்திடும் தென்னை மரத்தின் மீது
தேங்காய் அதற்கும் முக்கண் வைத்தார்
பாங்காய் பரமன் நமக்கு. - D.வெங்கடாசலம்.
பாங்காய் - அழகாய்
Comments about this poem (Siva Kept Three Eyes Beautifully, O’god! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
Did you read them?
- The Rights of Women—Spoken by Miss Fonte.., Robert Burns
- Revolution: an impotent rage, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Deep Blue Sea, Taylor Calvert
- Invincible Fate, Taylor Calvert
- Hurricane, Ahmed Tawfik
- Mirrors, Arno Le Roux
- The words we leave unsaid, Chris Zachariou
- Called To The Place Of Dry, Arno Le Roux
- Futurism Today, Peter Jay Shippy
- Soul, Peter Jay Shippy
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)