Dr.V.K. Kanniappan (17.10.1944 / Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India)
Siva Kept Three Eyes Beautifully, O’god!
Coconut over the top of the coconut tree
growing with the water in the ground free
sucking with its root; for that also the Lord
Siva kept three eyes beautifully, O’God!
Poet Other Poems
- A beautiful portrait! -Haiku
- A Brahman Wins By Tactics
- A Day When The Food Eaten All Alone
- A dumb person having a dream!
- A Favor Done To Men Of Knowledge and Vir...
- A Feeling Of Euphoria In The Fertile Fie...
- A Good Modern Poem
- A Guava fruit a day
- A house with a deferring wife becomes a ...
- A learned person shall not eat the food ...
- A Lover Is Perplexed At Seeing His Fianc...
- A married wife who is disobedient to the...
- A Person Who Does Not Skip Moral Values!
- A Person Who Is Superior To The Holy Pe...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Siva kept three eyes beautifully, O’God! ' is a translation of a nice Tamil poem by Poet D.Venkatachalam, wondering the presence of three closed holes resembling eyes in the coconut.
நிலம் இரு நீரை வேரால் இழுத்து
வளர்ந்திடும் தென்னை மரத்தின் மீது
தேங்காய் அதற்கும் முக்கண் வைத்தார்
பாங்காய் பரமன் நமக்கு. - D.வெங்கடாசலம்.
பாங்காய் - அழகாய்