Siren of the Streets
Whenever she comes by
it's always the same thing.
I make her comfortable
and then she leaves.
I tell her she's a harlot
hooking up all night
with God knows who
but in her case God
looks the other way.
ask if I know her.
I ask them do I look
like that kind of man?
Peter denied Christ thrice
but I make Peter a piker
when it comes to denying
this siren of the streets.
Once in a while a neighbor,
smitten as I am, takes her in
because she's attractive
and it's peaceful until
some morning very early
she's on my deck again
willing to do anything
for a nosh and a drink.
Since no one is up
at that hour to see me
I sit on the deck
and she leaps on my lap
and I stroke her until
she's a Lamborghini
purring at a red light.
Then she drives off,
leaving me on the deck
She must have been spayed.
Never had any kittens.
What might Pope Francis
think about this?
Her kittens, after all,
would have been beautiful
just as she is,
harlot or not.
Donal Mahoney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Siren of the Streets by Donal Mahoney )
- It's All Fare in Love, Akhtar Jawad
- Blissful Atmosphere, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Going beyond death, see me, gajanan mishra
- Total Anticipation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- opganda.com ≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '수원휴게텔대박'…'동탄휴게텔.., bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- opganda.com ≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '강남오피대박'…'동탄휴게텔'.., bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- Being with you means a lot!, Sumita Jetley
- Writing What I Mean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- OPGANDA.COM≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '강남휴게텔대박'…'동탄휴게텔'.., bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- On being Right, John F. McCullagh
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)