Abram Joseph Ryan
In the valley of my life
Sings a 'Singing-Bird',
And its voice thro' calm and strife
Is sweetly heard.
In the day and thro' the night
Sound the notes,
And its song thro' dark and bright
Other warblers cease to sing,
And their voices rest,
And they fold their weary wing
In their quiet nest.
But my Singing-Bird still sings
Without a cease;
And each song it murmurs brings
My spirit peace.
'Singing-Bird!' O 'Singing-Bird!'
No one knows,
When your holy songs are heard,
Fills my life and soothes my heart;
But I fear
The day -- thy songs, if we must part,
I'll never hear.
But 'Singing-Bird!' ah! 'Singing-Bird!'
Should this e'er be,
The dreams of all thy songs I heard
Shall sing for me.
Abram Joseph Ryan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Singing-Bird by Abram Joseph Ryan )
- Saturated, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I would never hurt you, The Princess is
- One Mode of Mortal Devotion, William Park
- Glow worm, Mark Heathcote
- FOOT STEPS, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Highest Human Virtue Surprisingly Is.., Mr. Nobody
- Time Marches on, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Our First Day, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Another Day, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Who Am I?, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow