Waltz For Zizi
Should I Make My Poem Resemble A War
'You're too close to my heart, you monster.
I want you to turn away, and die,
as far away as you possibly can.
I'm not like you, I'm not ugly,
and don't you dare hate me,
for my sins, for leaving my heart stray
nude, in other's palms.
It's god that made you, hard to love
by giving you, such a misshaped face.'
And I left, to catch my breath.
I took my ink, and spilled it here,
where her eyes are blind
where her fingers, cannot touch
my beautiful heart.
Should I make my poem resemble a war
just because she left me,
for another's warm sheets?
Should I dip my pen in blood, to make my verses red
just because she chose another hand to hold?
Maybe I should, but I won't.
I filled too many poems with her, already
so. I'm just gonna stop.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Should I Make My Poem Resemble A War by Waltz For Zizi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- My English Sucks ….. [ENGLISH (&quo.., Bri Edwards
- The Fairytale Stories Will Emerge, mary douglas
- Someday On The Page Where The Monsters A.., mary douglas
- My True Friends And Readers, Lilly Emery
- Two Hearts As One, Noah Body
- The Dolls Have Preceded Us All, mary douglas
- Awaken Sleepy One, Shanika marini Paul
- It Broke My Heart To Leave You, Elia Michael
- The one that got away, Tammy Ashton
- Back to my Gypsy Mode, Nalini Chaturvedi