Waltz For Zizi
Should I Make My Poem Resemble A War
'You're too close to my heart, you monster.
I want you to turn away, and die,
as far away as you possibly can.
I'm not like you, I'm not ugly,
and don't you dare hate me,
for my sins, for leaving my heart stray
nude, in other's palms.
It's god that made you, hard to love
by giving you, such a misshaped face.'
And I left, to catch my breath.
I took my ink, and spilled it here,
where her eyes are blind
where her fingers, cannot touch
my beautiful heart.
Should I make my poem resemble a war
just because she left me,
for another's warm sheets?
Should I dip my pen in blood, to make my verses red
just because she chose another hand to hold?
Maybe I should, but I won't.
I filled too many poems with her, already
so. I'm just gonna stop.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Should I Make My Poem Resemble A War by Waltz For Zizi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Cloud In Trousers - part I, Vladimir Vladimirovich Mayak ..
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- So Let Us Love, Edmund Spenser
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies
- I Live, Tanja Henderson
- This year, maryline vautravers