Waltz For Zizi
Should I Make My Poem Resemble A War
'You're too close to my heart, you monster.
I want you to turn away, and die,
as far away as you possibly can.
I'm not like you, I'm not ugly,
and don't you dare hate me,
for my sins, for leaving my heart stray
nude, in other's palms.
It's god that made you, hard to love
by giving you, such a misshaped face.'
And I left, to catch my breath.
I took my ink, and spilled it here,
where her eyes are blind
where her fingers, cannot touch
my beautiful heart.
Should I make my poem resemble a war
just because she left me,
for another's warm sheets?
Should I dip my pen in blood, to make my verses red
just because she chose another hand to hold?
Maybe I should, but I won't.
I filled too many poems with her, already
so. I'm just gonna stop.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Should I Make My Poem Resemble A War by Waltz For Zizi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Uncle Trevor's Justice to Travis, rohan bendre
- The Second Birth Of Tragedy, Leila Samarrai
- Y/.. A Restfull Mind, Aufie Zophy
- My bodyguard, Rob Spiering
- Green Shades Create a Meaning, Rohit Sapra
- Country Inn, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- Mysterious guest., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- If You Could, Brian J. Stafford
- Melancholy of a dreamer, Jonathan De Vocht
- The snow makes me happy., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..