Should I Accept Or Not?
I just smiled at the poor little girl dressed in torn rags
with cute pony tail dancing behind.
She smilingly came in front of me.
Two little groundnuts held in her tiny fists
When opened it was wet with sweat of love.
She offered me with her twinkling eyes.
So innocent she was
She didn't give a second thought before offering.
She put me in dilemma should I accept or not?
Just forget the hygiene.
I am not asking to have it.
Should I break her heart by refusing it?
But if I take
How much delighted will she feel
That no words can describe her love in giving though a small one!
By refusing it I make her realise what she is!
Is it right to think, how come a beggar,
Who cannot stand on her feet is giving me?
Should I tell, first stand in your feet then think of it.
Or by accepting it am I degraded?
If she gives you her alms with love will you accept it?
A person standing in a pit or in a pool of tears too
can add something valuable to you life!
Don't underestimate others love and care.
Remember, a person in pain too can offer you a lending hand.
Some love are unconditional
After loosing it, you will realise due to your own false pride you have lost!
Life is short.
Accept the alms with love if the hands too are giving with love.
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Should I Accept Or Not? by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- A Hidden Angry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- irritating rash, lee fones
- Feeling Love, Sandra Feldman
- so in other words, i feel for two, Mandolyn ...
- Text time, george albot
- Deep Friendship, Sandra Feldman
- The Mighty Tumbler, Samya Bose
- puppy made of sand, lee fones
- Alive And With Medals, Clive Blake
- pull over for lightening; let's touch a .., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)