Short Simple Story
I met a girl who was alone
She told mer her man was just gone.
I asked her if she would come
With me where other people are.
She did not answer and started to cry
I told her she should not mind,
The World is big and time so long
She had all the chance to go forward.
She gave me her hand, we started to walk
We crossed the countries and the hills.
We did not talk, but I was fine
It seemed we had always been like this...
Filippo Stella's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Cords: B7 Emin A7 D; B7 Emin A7 Bb C D
Comments about this poem (Short Simple Story by Filippo Stella )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Paul Laurence Dunbar
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)