Staring up at the star lit sky,
Watching each star light up with every sigh,
Seeing how bright each star is,
Nothing could be better than this.
Until a star falls with a streak so bright,
I’m almost blinded by the beautiful light,
Looking at this star as it falls away from me,
I take this shooting star and wish, maybe…
Then again, if I take this leap,
Who would I give my heart to keep,
The fear in a broken heart, I stop,
I need to hurry, my chance will pop.
With the quick decision made,
My heart’s desire, on this star, I laid,
With my wish so true and pure,
Many could not endure.
Then, almost a split second has passed,
You showed up with a blast,
I nearly fell over, seeing you there,
You walked over, but all I could do is stare.
No words would form or come out,
Then fear filled my mind, along with doubt,
You then assured me everything was okay,
We laid there watching night turn to day.
Knowing this might not last,
Hurts me, even though I dwell in the past,
You said you’d wait for me and you did,
You even waited for me to say, ‘I love you, ’ those words I hid.
I don’t know why you chose me,
I’m nothing compared to other girls, they’d agree,
I’m surprised, I was chosen by someone so true,
That’s why I’m glad I’m ending this with, I love you.
Ocean Myranda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shooting Star by Ocean Myranda )
Did you read them?
- Dark chocolate, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colonization, gajanan mishra
- Coexisting, Kyle Schlicher
- Feelings, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Let me tell a friend a story, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Our Fall خريفنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sufferings, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MacDeath - From Zombie Apocalypse Poems .., Matthew Lawler
- No where, hasmukh amathalal
- Don't Cover Your Eyes, Francie Lynch
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)