Staring up at the star lit sky,
Watching each star light up with every sigh,
Seeing how bright each star is,
Nothing could be better than this.
Until a star falls with a streak so bright,
I’m almost blinded by the beautiful light,
Looking at this star as it falls away from me,
I take this shooting star and wish, maybe…
Then again, if I take this leap,
Who would I give my heart to keep,
The fear in a broken heart, I stop,
I need to hurry, my chance will pop.
With the quick decision made,
My heart’s desire, on this star, I laid,
With my wish so true and pure,
Many could not endure.
Then, almost a split second has passed,
You showed up with a blast,
I nearly fell over, seeing you there,
You walked over, but all I could do is stare.
No words would form or come out,
Then fear filled my mind, along with doubt,
You then assured me everything was okay,
We laid there watching night turn to day.
Knowing this might not last,
Hurts me, even though I dwell in the past,
You said you’d wait for me and you did,
You even waited for me to say, ‘I love you, ’ those words I hid.
I don’t know why you chose me,
I’m nothing compared to other girls, they’d agree,
I’m surprised, I was chosen by someone so true,
That’s why I’m glad I’m ending this with, I love you.
Ocean Myranda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shooting Star by Ocean Myranda )
- The smell that brought back memories, Sneha R.V
- About Me, Sreeram Vasudevan
- Maturity, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Exhausted, Paola Degli Esposti
- Emptiness, michael walkerjohn
- Invisible Love, Kumarmani Mahakul
- When Fishes Flew, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- Restricted And Limited, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Song of Elf, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- Love Is Not My Trade, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- In The Forest, Sarojini Naidu
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Prayer in Spring, Robert Frost
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Coromandel Fishers, Sarojini Naidu
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)