Staring up at the star lit sky,
Watching each star light up with every sigh,
Seeing how bright each star is,
Nothing could be better than this.
Until a star falls with a streak so bright,
I’m almost blinded by the beautiful light,
Looking at this star as it falls away from me,
I take this shooting star and wish, maybe…
Then again, if I take this leap,
Who would I give my heart to keep,
The fear in a broken heart, I stop,
I need to hurry, my chance will pop.
With the quick decision made,
My heart’s desire, on this star, I laid,
With my wish so true and pure,
Many could not endure.
Then, almost a split second has passed,
You showed up with a blast,
I nearly fell over, seeing you there,
You walked over, but all I could do is stare.
No words would form or come out,
Then fear filled my mind, along with doubt,
You then assured me everything was okay,
We laid there watching night turn to day.
Knowing this might not last,
Hurts me, even though I dwell in the past,
You said you’d wait for me and you did,
You even waited for me to say, ‘I love you, ’ those words I hid.
I don’t know why you chose me,
I’m nothing compared to other girls, they’d agree,
I’m surprised, I was chosen by someone so true,
That’s why I’m glad I’m ending this with, I love you.
Ocean Myranda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shooting Star by Ocean Myranda )
- In Living Memory (11-22-63), John F. McCullagh
- Music, Fatima Nusairat
- what swanky sap is this?, Mandolyn ...
- Natural, David Chap Bottoms
- I end poem, hasmukh amathalal
- here's my armadillo, now get me a pillow.., Mandolyn ...
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- With her ability, hasmukh amathalal
- Inhuman way, hasmukh amathalal
- THERE IS…, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)