Mr Cricket for ages sang
A luring South Pacific tune
Aimed at lady cricket shebang
Over Mr. Cricket to swoon.
Then came a parasite fly,
Also quite lured by the song's sound,
Causing Mr. Cricket to die,
By burrowing in him around.
So Mr. Cricket quickly changed
His tune to silence so to solve
Unwanted guests, and rearranged
His come on - he had to evolve.
Hush hush woo for Mr. Cricket.
The singing - just had to kick it.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shhh Cricket by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Estrange, micheal john
- J'attendrai, Michael Mira
- Peace, Sandra Feldman
- Poetry And All Of Me, Rites Ghosh
- Forgotten, david kush
- House of Weeping Walls, Michael Mira
- Vicky - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Dangerous Mind Games, Michael Mira
- To My Dear Poet Pablo Neruda on...If You.., Geetha Jayakumar
- A Matter Of Time, John Garth Raubenheimer