Mr Cricket for ages sang
A luring South Pacific tune
Aimed at lady cricket shebang
Over Mr. Cricket to swoon.
Then came a parasite fly,
Also quite lured by the song's sound,
Causing Mr. Cricket to die,
By burrowing in him around.
So Mr. Cricket quickly changed
His tune to silence so to solve
Unwanted guests, and rearranged
His come on - he had to evolve.
Hush hush woo for Mr. Cricket.
The singing - just had to kick it.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shhh Cricket by Ima Ryma )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)