She walked in the midnight hours
With some fond memories.
Her road ahead was unknown
As changes had begun!
Life took a sharp unforeseen turn
As intimacy crumbled,
And sensuous rain came to a standstill.
The heart shuffled its colours
From dazzling light to pitch darkness!
She took her stride...
With a dry flower in hand
From the native graveyard,
With her deepest will
For gaining strength
To step into a new world,
Thus pursuing the blurred mirage
Of lost paradise...
Copyright © 2013 Indranil Bhaduri
Indranil Bhaduri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (She Walked by Indranil Bhaduri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.37, Robert Graber
- hold this wildfire with both hands, Mandolyn ...
- Portrait Of A Woman, Buxton Shippy
- Visions Of The Song In Seven, P.D. Turner
- Tears for Oklahoma City, Roger A. Rose
- If there were no flowers, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Rumors, Lilly Emery
- Pitcher, Morgan Michaels
- Faits Sonnet, sheade rudman
- It Is Very Sad, Ronell Warren Alman