She walked in the midnight hours
With some fond memories.
Her road ahead was unknown
As changes had begun!
Life took a sharp unforeseen turn
As intimacy crumbled,
And sensuous rain came to a standstill.
The heart shuffled its colours
From dazzling light to pitch darkness!
She took her stride...
With a dry flower in hand
From the native graveyard,
With her deepest will
For gaining strength
To step into a new world,
Thus pursuing the blurred mirage
Of lost paradise...
Copyright © 2013 Indranil Bhaduri
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (She Walked by Indranil Bhaduri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Road is Full of Thorn,, Aftab Alam
- Do accept, hasmukh amathalal
- A Bit On The Side, Rod Morris
- Some Things Should Not Have Been, Anita Khelawan
- Let not this earth be divided, gajanan mishra
- With situation, hasmukh amathalal
- Misery Loves Company, Bill Cantrell
- Hot Summer Tanka, Toshie Nohara
- No need to ask, gajanan mishra
- Truth, Tony Adah