She's ready to emerge from her cocoon
She's ready to emerge from her cocoon.
I think it might be real soon.
She's had the door to her heart closed.
Her composure posed.
Since he surprisingly, walked out that door.
Leaving her shocked,
With her heavy heart on the floor,
Feeling all alone on an island shore,
She slowly, lowly walks through the store.
Taken by surprise; a stranger smiles at her.
Then it suddenly hits her in the gut.
She feels her life is in a rut.
Thinking she's not getting any younger.
Feeling a sudden hunger,
She longs to be loved again.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (She's ready to emerge from her cocoon by Patricia Kelley )
- Pursuing Rhythms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Innocense, ekta mudgal
- What Would Happen, IF I Were Unseen?, Mr. Nobody
- The Buried Past, David Lewis Paget
- Individual Predicaments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Limerick-1(GIRL-FRIEND OR GRANNY), Saheb Mohapatra
- Question Of Faith, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- So Into Grief, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What's The Use?, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Little Taquerias, Gouda Moon
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Everything, Anna Akhmatova
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Television, Roald Dahl
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)