She's ready to emerge from her cocoon
She's ready to emerge from her cocoon.
I think it might be real soon.
She's had the door to her heart closed.
Her composure posed.
Since he surprisingly, walked out that door.
Leaving her shocked,
With her heavy heart on the floor,
Feeling all alone on an island shore,
She slowly, lowly walks through the store.
Taken by surprise; a stranger smiles at her.
Then it suddenly hits her in the gut.
She feels her life is in a rut.
Thinking she's not getting any younger.
Feeling a sudden hunger,
She longs to be loved again.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (She's ready to emerge from her cocoon by Patricia Kelley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- OUR PAINS AND OUR SUFFERINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colors Of The Rainbow, Anthony Daniels
- Hiccup, binod bastola
- Life and death..how we come and how we g.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- You need me, gajanan mishra
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- poetic shenanigans, lee fones
- Homecoming, prasenjit banerjee
- She knows now, hasmukh amathalal
- I am on the top, gajanan mishra