She's ready to emerge from her cocoon
She's ready to emerge from her cocoon.
I think it might be real soon.
She's had the door to her heart closed.
Her composure posed.
Since he surprisingly, walked out that door.
Leaving her shocked,
With her heavy heart on the floor,
Feeling all alone on an island shore,
She slowly, lowly walks through the store.
Taken by surprise; a stranger smiles at her.
Then it suddenly hits her in the gut.
She feels her life is in a rut.
Thinking she's not getting any younger.
Feeling a sudden hunger,
She longs to be loved again.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (She's ready to emerge from her cocoon by Patricia Kelley )
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
- Be, Andy Caldwell
- Tree saplings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thank You, Tandin Dorji
- May Peace Prevail, Cathy Hodgson
- Baldy Bert, Von Kimball Barney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)