Alon Calinao Dy
She is My Mother
She is a woman
Who feeds, cuddles, and loves me.
The one who gave birth to me.
I'm her greatest fan.
She is my mother
Who loves my father,
Does anything for her children
And takes care of her grandchildren.
She is my best friend too,
Comforts me when I feel blue.
She is my best mother,
I couldn't replace her with another.
She is a sweet and loving parent
Who cooks my favorite foods,
Does household chores
And looks after my grandparents.
She does multi-tasks
And gives me anything I ask
Because for her,
I'm her wealth and power.
When I was a child,
She taught me how to fear God.
Sometimes, I found it awkward
But she would understand.
When I married my fiancee
She told me,
''Love your wife as your mother.''
Her advice I'd treasure forever.
Every now and then,
She would send an email.
She would always tell,
''I love you and I miss you son.''
She is my mother,
A wonderful mother
To her sons and daughter.
I am very proud of her.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (She is My Mother by Alon Calinao Dy )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- A Rockstar Came Travelling, Richard Whiting
- Reign of Fire, Bhaskar Rabha
- Re: Your Poetic License Renewal Applicat.., John F. McCullagh
- Direct Departure, Tayyab Ijaz
- Merry Merry Christmas, Dimitri Jagodinski
- Milk toast, Cee Bea
- We are all, Swrji Basumatary
- Kada Poem I, Nicholas Crowson
- Beautiful Little Christmas, Leah Ayliffe
- aChe HiLLy's Heal - oN thE hEELs oF eVeRy1, sEaN nOrTh