Alon Calinao Dy
She is My Mother
She is a woman
Who feeds, cuddles, and loves me.
The one who gave birth to me.
I'm her greatest fan.
She is my mother
Who loves my father,
Does anything for her children
And takes care of her grandchildren.
She is my best friend too,
Comforts me when I feel blue.
She is my best mother,
I couldn't replace her with another.
She is a sweet and loving parent
Who cooks my favorite foods,
Does household chores
And looks after my grandparents.
She does multi-tasks
And gives me anything I ask
Because for her,
I'm her wealth and power.
When I was a child,
She taught me how to fear God.
Sometimes, I found it awkward
But she would understand.
When I married my fiancee
She told me,
''Love your wife as your mother.''
Her advice I'd treasure forever.
Every now and then,
She would send an email.
She would always tell,
''I love you and I miss you son.''
She is my mother,
A wonderful mother
To her sons and daughter.
I am very proud of her.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (She is My Mother by Alon Calinao Dy )
- I Do Not Have Any Word, Neela Nath
- The Puzzle, Ravikumar C.P.
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- My Words And Her Words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison