Alon Calinao Dy
She is My Mother
She is a woman
Who feeds, cuddles, and loves me.
The one who gave birth to me.
I'm her greatest fan.
She is my mother
Who loves my father,
Does anything for her children
And takes care of her grandchildren.
She is my best friend too,
Comforts me when I feel blue.
She is my best mother,
I couldn't replace her with another.
She is a sweet and loving parent
Who cooks my favorite foods,
Does household chores
And looks after my grandparents.
She does multi-tasks
And gives me anything I ask
Because for her,
I'm her wealth and power.
When I was a child,
She taught me how to fear God.
Sometimes, I found it awkward
But she would understand.
When I married my fiancee
She told me,
''Love your wife as your mother.''
Her advice I'd treasure forever.
Every now and then,
She would send an email.
She would always tell,
''I love you and I miss you son.''
She is my mother,
A wonderful mother
To her sons and daughter.
I am very proud of her.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (She is My Mother by Alon Calinao Dy )
- baby boy, mandy messineo
- Last One Off, Kyle Schlicher
- Stray dogs are scary, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Painting Outside The Lines, Kyle Schlicher
- Dancer, Kyle Schlicher
- The Sunset In Your Eyes, Lilly Emery
- Titled with untitled, Jole Hans
- Moon Whispers Tune, Kyle Schlicher
- Oh' that smile, Ms.Tanease Berry
- Our Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)