Praveen Kumar in Celestial Glow
She Bides Time
‘Neath myriad layers of cosmic tides,
She patiently for endless aeons bides
For right spur that her far overrides
Over grief that in her passage hides.
She bore assaults, fell to steep falls,
Found against her stand tall walls,
Pulls and pushes, threatening calls
To follow, or face life’s dire galls.
She stood steadfast in love for him,
Refused to surrender to other’s whim,
And found woes flood life to its brim,
And found her sink, unable to swim.
She took her fate in graceful stride,
And did her job as a dutiful bride;
But never in acts hurt love’s pride,
And in right time, she moved aside.
She lived alone in dangerous hell,
Never calling help in the pell-mell,
Until her love gave vent to his yell
That she must rise, live really well.
She loved him well, heard his word,
But refused to rebuild broken world;
She bides time, awaits right mould
To rejoin her love, build their world.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (She Bides Time by Praveen Kumar in Celestial Glow )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- With a glance on Cuito Cuanavale, Gert Strydom
- Inferno, Gert Strydom
- Exactly in this time(ঠিক এইখিনি সময়তে), Bhaskar Rabha
- Evening conversation, Gert Strydom
- Place, laxami Cards
- teaching my baby girls, Jason Callender
- The Absorption(মগ্নতা), Bhaskar Rabha
- To My Daughters, Jason Callender
- Summer's Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- All Those Ancient Trees Sorrounded Home, Albert Martin