Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow
She Bides Time
‘Neath myriad layers of cosmic tides,
She patiently for endless aeons bides
For right spur that her far overrides
Over grief that in her passage hides.
She bore assaults, fell to steep falls,
Found against her stand tall walls,
Pulls and pushes, threatening calls
To follow, or face life’s dire galls.
She stood steadfast in love for him,
Refused to surrender to other’s whim,
And found woes flood life to its brim,
And found her sink, unable to swim.
She took her fate in graceful stride,
And did her job as a dutiful bride;
But never in acts hurt love’s pride,
And in right time, she moved aside.
She lived alone in dangerous hell,
Never calling help in the pell-mell,
Until her love gave vent to his yell
That she must rise, live really well.
She loved him well, heard his word,
But refused to rebuild broken world;
She bides time, awaits right mould
To rejoin her love, build their world.
Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (She Bides Time by Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Million Man March Poem, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Passenger, Georgina WilksWiffen
- I Raise A Toast To The Rising Sun, Rajesh Thankappan
- I Am An Indian English Poetess, You Call.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Month of Happiness, Robert Bly
- My Garden At Night, Alexander Johnson
- You're Magic, Michael McParland
- Why Not Stand Up?, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why Not Stand Up, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unruly Wind, Ozgur Ircan
- JULEKALENDER # IIX, Gunnar Mo.