Govind S Harigovindam
The dreams that used to soar through the skies, no longer does so, may be of a broken wing.
Grounded are my dreams, swaying in the softest of winds, drenched in the tiniest of drizzles, sabotaged by the smallest of adversaries.
The dreams that knew no bounds, is confined without the hope of taking off again.
The dreams that instilled life into me has left me barren, lifeless.
Nights that are dreamless,
days that are eventless,
fill my colourless life.
I don't know what to cling on before I fall into the bottomless pit of hopelessness.
The dreams that used to shatter walls is itself
But I will dream of a day when I will dream again.
A day when my dreams will stand out tall in midst of all adversity.
Not heeding to what others say or taking a moment to awe at the overwhelming obstacle.
A day, when I will be shrugging off the challenges thrown at me, grinning back at my past.
Govind S Harigovindam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shattered dreams by Govind S Harigovindam )
- Ludio ludius Lego, michael walkerjohn
- Right to exist, hasmukh amathalal
- Dead Leaves, David Lacey
- Brookstones, Cee Bea
- there it is, Bill Cantrell
- Broken Mirrors Haiku, David Lacey
- In the Deserts of Exile, Jabra Ibrahim Jabra
- True Poetry Is Like A Rose, Denis Martindale
- Lovely butterflies Fly by, See I, Harindhar Reddy
- Believe and trust, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Andrew Barton Paterson
(17 February 1864 – 5 February 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)