Govind S Harigovindam
The dreams that used to soar through the skies, no longer does so, may be of a broken wing.
Grounded are my dreams, swaying in the softest of winds, drenched in the tiniest of drizzles, sabotaged by the smallest of adversaries.
The dreams that knew no bounds, is confined without the hope of taking off again.
The dreams that instilled life into me has left me barren, lifeless.
Nights that are dreamless,
days that are eventless,
fill my colourless life.
I don't know what to cling on before I fall into the bottomless pit of hopelessness.
The dreams that used to shatter walls is itself
But I will dream of a day when I will dream again.
A day when my dreams will stand out tall in midst of all adversity.
Not heeding to what others say or taking a moment to awe at the overwhelming obstacle.
A day, when I will be shrugging off the challenges thrown at me, grinning back at my past.
Govind S Harigovindam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shattered dreams by Govind S Harigovindam )
- When you know God, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Hymn, Sir Henry Wotton
- Raja Ravi Varma, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Psalm CIV, Sir Henry Wotton
- Friendship, Afshan Fatima
- Shaking Off The Finger Tip, Is It Poetry
- Golden Glow, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Prayer, Nicholas Breton
- Invective: The Hate Of Treason, Nicholas Breton
- Goodbye Elias, Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)