Shattering dreams in roaring times
Pierce the air with voices of wanton cries,
Multitude of people in the age of beauty,
Is dawn to the lines of fashion ingenuity?
Intimate clothes, compelling, and adorable,
Every fabric of imagination is possible.
The economy of golden age already tarnished
In failures victory is already conceived.
Although some doubt what we are seeing
Hope shines more elusively in our dream.
From minds poised in graceful brilliance,
The language of linguistic countenance,
We desire to see fulfillment of our dreams
All the emotions dazzling in the streams,
The glittering destiny we were once convince
Had we seen the shadows in prophetic glimpse,
The aquarium world is a realm locked in a cage,
Earths fate dangling amides the forgotten age,
Where beauty began old age is given a crown
To the hoary head lurking with insipid frown.
Condemning the changes of this new society
Our dreams are shattered in mixed community.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shattered Dreams by Gerry Legister )
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
- बहाना/ Bahaanaa, Aftab Alam
- a dream, jaquesha webb
- I Go Far to Fetch the Truth, with Hope, Aftab Alam
- One a.m., Susan Lacovara
- The War Against Lopping, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)