Shattering dreams in roaring times
Pierce the air with voices of wanton cries,
Multitude of people in the age of beauty,
Is dawn to the lines of fashion ingenuity?
Intimate clothes, compelling, and adorable,
Every fabric of imagination is possible.
The economy of golden age already tarnished
In failures victory is already conceived.
Although some doubt what we are seeing
Hope shines more elusively in our dream.
From minds poised in graceful brilliance,
The language of linguistic countenance,
We desire to see fulfillment of our dreams
All the emotions dazzling in the streams,
The glittering destiny we were once convince
Had we seen the shadows in prophetic glimpse,
The aquarium world is a realm locked in a cage,
Earths fate dangling amides the forgotten age,
Where beauty began old age is given a crown
To the hoary head lurking with insipid frown.
Condemning the changes of this new society
Our dreams are shattered in mixed community.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shattered Dreams by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...