Shall Not Falter
Why do I stand here today?
Why haven't I faltered and fallen to the way side as you have wanted me to?
Why do I insist on being true to myself instedad of faltering when you shine on me your eyes?
Why do I stand strong in the face of what you throw at me, when you think I should be cowering with in the shadows and not show my face again upon your world?
You will never push me aside again like I am nothing.
You will never keep me in the shadows again.
You will never bruise me again.
I will stand strong against you and any others that try to make me falter.
I will stand strong against injustice and your arbitral hate.
I will stand strong against those who wish to do me in.
I am strong enough to survive through what you have done to me.
I am strong enough to survive through my daily struggles to show myself that I will not become you.
I am strong enough to survive through whatever you may through my way.
I will never again stay in the shadows and let you over power me.
I will never again let you walk over me as if I were a placement on your doorstep that you can throw away at your convenience.
I will never again let you strike me down just because you don't want me to do better than you and strive to do what I know I can.
You may try to make me falter.
You may try to make me fall.
You may try to make me be who you want me to be and let go of my true self.
I will always be who I am wether you like it or not.
I will always strive to be who I know I can be in my heart of hearts.
I will always move forward no matter how many times you try to make me slide backwards.
Rikki Giovani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shall Not Falter by Rikki Giovani )
- Gin Again, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Teardrops for flowers flow, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The witches teaparty, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The walking moon, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dear soldior hero, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Breakfast with a ghost hero, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Classroom, ania radz
- Breakfast with a ghost, Harold R Hunt Sr
- "...away without leave", Jeff Gangwer
- If, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)