Shall Not Falter
Why do I stand here today?
Why haven't I faltered and fallen to the way side as you have wanted me to?
Why do I insist on being true to myself instedad of faltering when you shine on me your eyes?
Why do I stand strong in the face of what you throw at me, when you think I should be cowering with in the shadows and not show my face again upon your world?
You will never push me aside again like I am nothing.
You will never keep me in the shadows again.
You will never bruise me again.
I will stand strong against you and any others that try to make me falter.
I will stand strong against injustice and your arbitral hate.
I will stand strong against those who wish to do me in.
I am strong enough to survive through what you have done to me.
I am strong enough to survive through my daily struggles to show myself that I will not become you.
I am strong enough to survive through whatever you may through my way.
I will never again stay in the shadows and let you over power me.
I will never again let you walk over me as if I were a placement on your doorstep that you can throw away at your convenience.
I will never again let you strike me down just because you don't want me to do better than you and strive to do what I know I can.
You may try to make me falter.
You may try to make me fall.
You may try to make me be who you want me to be and let go of my true self.
I will always be who I am wether you like it or not.
I will always strive to be who I know I can be in my heart of hearts.
I will always move forward no matter how many times you try to make me slide backwards.
Rikki Giovani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shall Not Falter by Rikki Giovani )
- "Be careful...", Jeff Gangwer
- Ten Million Colors, Jeff Gangwer
- missing you, matthew blankenship
- Never your Sun, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Jacky Tiger, Afshan Fatima
- It Gets Better, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Cursed, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Camphored Away, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- PH: Nature: Canoeing The Mississippi - P.., Brian Johnston
- Alone and, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)