Seriously, I Have No Idea What This Is.
Waves pulling from their own inertia crash against a rocky cliff.
Inside your brine an angler lurks in the darkness.
Blink - blink - blinking her head appendage.
Her un-hung jaw awaiting the game of life -or- death.
Purple urchins dot the rock line,
You slip food into their siphons, occasionally.
I see fins across the sky line.
May we dance together?
Lobsters walk across the barren bottom of the sea.
Let them be, let them be!
Let them revel at your beauty.
Your waves sprinkle my sun warmed skin.
God, look at all the birds you bring.
You're so much more than just one thing.
I love you.
Emily Beck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seriously, I Have No Idea What This Is. by Emily Beck )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My Dream Tonight, Wilfred Mellers
- To Joyce, Roger A. Rose
- Miriam's danse, Dimitri Khokhlov
- The harp players, Mark Heathcote
- Heil Britannia, Francie Lynch
- The Clouds Out Of An Aeroplane Window, Sambanath Denis
- I'm no less, Nassy Fesharaki
- On Looking Out The Window Of An Airoplane, Sambanath Denis
- Mosaic of Love And Legends By Onkar Nath.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Psalm 067, Forrest Hainline