Seriously, I Have No Idea What This Is.
Waves pulling from their own inertia crash against a rocky cliff.
Inside your brine an angler lurks in the darkness.
Blink - blink - blinking her head appendage.
Her un-hung jaw awaiting the game of life -or- death.
Purple urchins dot the rock line,
You slip food into their siphons, occasionally.
I see fins across the sky line.
May we dance together?
Lobsters walk across the barren bottom of the sea.
Let them be, let them be!
Let them revel at your beauty.
Your waves sprinkle my sun warmed skin.
God, look at all the birds you bring.
You're so much more than just one thing.
I love you.
Emily Beck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seriously, I Have No Idea What This Is. by Emily Beck )
- And water lies plainly, Laurie Sheck
- Three Little Words, Adam Wilson
- Smile 1, Suresh Dogra
- Inertia of Mind, Aftab Alam
- Page By Page, Katherine Perry
- Break pen, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Robert Lowell
- Soaking Up Essence Of Meaning, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Full interest, hasmukh amathalal
- Frozen sentiments, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dirge, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(3rd April 19sixty)