Seriously, I Have No Idea What This Is.
Waves pulling from their own inertia crash against a rocky cliff.
Inside your brine an angler lurks in the darkness.
Blink - blink - blinking her head appendage.
Her un-hung jaw awaiting the game of life -or- death.
Purple urchins dot the rock line,
You slip food into their siphons, occasionally.
I see fins across the sky line.
May we dance together?
Lobsters walk across the barren bottom of the sea.
Let them be, let them be!
Let them revel at your beauty.
Your waves sprinkle my sun warmed skin.
God, look at all the birds you bring.
You're so much more than just one thing.
I love you.
Emily Beck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seriously, I Have No Idea What This Is. by Emily Beck )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Light Of Heaven, Spiritwind Wood
- Through Echoes Of The Wind, Spiritwind Wood
- Zophy, Luo Zhihai
- The Grotto, David Lewis Paget
- Heaven's Only Angel, Spiritwind Wood
- Deeper into the Sea, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Made Electric By The Moon, Is It Poetry
- It's all in your head, Yisel Chong
- Every Breath Of Life, Spiritwind Wood
- Forever in my heart..., Yisel Chong