Seriously, I Have No Idea What This Is.
Waves pulling from their own inertia crash against a rocky cliff.
Inside your brine an angler lurks in the darkness.
Blink - blink - blinking her head appendage.
Her un-hung jaw awaiting the game of life -or- death.
Purple urchins dot the rock line,
You slip food into their siphons, occasionally.
I see fins across the sky line.
May we dance together?
Lobsters walk across the barren bottom of the sea.
Let them be, let them be!
Let them revel at your beauty.
Your waves sprinkle my sun warmed skin.
God, look at all the birds you bring.
You're so much more than just one thing.
I love you.
Emily Beck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seriously, I Have No Idea What This Is. by Emily Beck )
- Where are you going, gajanan mishra
- Funerall Elegy XX, Francis Quarles
- Lovely, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Life, Mustapha Muinah
- Funerall Elegy XIII, Francis Quarles
- A monkey's like a ghazal in his mom's eyes, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Death Be Not Proud: A parody (with apolo.., Arindom Borah
- Funerall Elegy VII, Francis Quarles
- YOU MAKE ME RICH!, Seema joglekar
- My Wife, dee villa
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)