Lawrence S. Pertillar
The missing of common sense,
Has proven to have gone unnoticed.
And as we live these days...
One only has to sit quietly to listen for it.
To determine if there are any signs,
Or attempts being made to express intelligence.
Is anyone daring enough to make conversation?
With sentences connected.
And another awaiting to respond effectively?
Less of this is done publicly.
None of it seems to be in the air to clear anymore.
As more nonsense appears to be shared.
Maybe expectations are raised too high.
Maybe sanity is just too precious of a gift,
For those who recognize this and prefer to sit...
With their mouths and lips tightly pressed,
As if cemented to realize with eyes opened wide...
That any sense attempted to make can be life threatening.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sentences Connected by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Rainbow, SALINI NAIR
- The Color Inside My World, Mikey Bachman
- Haiku #4, Eric Micha'el Leventhal
- My Ramdan, My Repentance, Ahamad Ilyaas Vilayathullah
- She in Desert, Akhtar Jawad
- A bucket of paint, Piyush Dey
- Value be given, gajanan mishra
- Egypt, Tony Adah
- A Tribute To Gray's Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Nothing i can offer, binod bastola