Seeing The True Me
Just a simple Hi from you is all I need,
and then instantly my face lights up.
I just can't help but smile when,
I'm talking to you, laughing with you,
And even fighting with you.
Life can't seem to get any better.
Day by day,
Night by night
I wait for you to see.
See what is truly me.
As much as I want to share,
I've said this all before.
He's perfect he's wonderful,
and they are tired of hearing it.
But when I talk about you it's different.
I feel alive, and I just can't seem to stop smiling.
It feels so weird to feel this way.
To feel like for once I could maybe complete.
But again as the days go by,
and the nights draw near,
I worry that you'll finally see me.
Kelsea Osterman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Seeing The True Me by Kelsea Osterman )
- Painting Tomorrow, Cathy Hodgson
- Silence of the Snow, Arrianna Prentiss
- Don't ever in public, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Somewhere in time, Mark Heathcote
- The wind brings warning, xeno drone
- My nature is to write, gajanan mishra
- Two Rings, Shannon Paterson
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)