Ryan Lee Morris
Seeds of Love
Two people disconnected.
One gives, one takes.
Both stand divided.
Expecting to receive in advance,
Without first offering to give.
The teacher is above the student,
As the student is below the teacher.
One looked down upon.
The scale tips back and forth.
Rocking the boat like on a stormy ocean.
Resentment, bitterness and indifference.
Sprouting and spreading from the invalidation seed.
Choking out all that is good.
Sown from the seeds of discontent.
Two people connected.
The equals give and give.
Giving in advance.
Grace, compassion and mercy are "Fore-given".
As each is to learn their lessons of life.
Not as teacher or student, but as both.
The scale is now balanced.
Balance is created at the center of the scale.
Both sides meet in the middle.
All is centered at the removal of self and the consideration of other.
Validation now created.
Giving birth to Love, Kindness and Peace.
Sown from the seeds of love.
Ryan Lee Morris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seeds of Love by Ryan Lee Morris )
- The Mature Woman 2, Tex T Sarnie
- Invitation for Re - Opening Ceremony!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Unbarreled Gun, Edwin Cordero
- Thread of thought, Roann Mendriq
- Baking Bread, Roann Mendriq
- Completion, White Lily
- Tears, Michael McParland
- Spin of a coin, Tribhawan Kaul
- Knowing Fragments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Woman in the Rains, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)