Seduction- The Genie Is Out Of The Bottle
Face to face I gaze at her seductive display
A challenge! A dual! Or perhaps a dream comes true?
“I dare you! Touch me! Fill my bottomless cup!
You’re too cowardly! I control men’s eyes.”
-Oh how I wish to cage my beast
Show it how in command I am
Each time I try tightening my girdle
Seduction dislodges my fixed joined ribs.
“You’re weakling, not worthy of my beauty!
My past imprisons the greatest men of the letter
Present masters and yet to be future literary geniuses
Beg at the doors of my headers and footers
“Please let us in: ” Oh these crawling broken wills!
I had, have so many … can’t keep track of their names
But you fool have no chance in heaven
To dip your pen on my delicious pulp
Go do best what you know best
Retreat back to your one tiny corner of illiteracy
I have fresher memories to cherry-pick from
I am therefore I choose hearts of all poetic imaginations
- Hey Billy Collins! Your turn! Come to bed!
And you fool! Don’t even bother...
“'Closing the door on your way out! ””
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Copyright Leaking Pen 2012
A rewrite for poetry gathering August 24th 2013 on Seduction
Comments about this poem (Seduction- The Genie Is Out Of The Bottle by Leaking Pen )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1923 - 1998)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- two line, Razaur Rahman
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- The Greatest, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Rhyme, Akhil Arya
- The Best Days, Michael P. McParland
- The Arrival, Michael P. McParland
- Thank You So Very Much, Michael P. McParland
- This Life, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thank You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Tenderly Ask, Michael P. McParland
- Taking It All In, Michael P. McParland
- VAMPIRES, ZOMBIES, AND METH, Chaarzarul Rockett