Seduction- The Genie Is Out Of The Bottle
Face to face I gaze at her seductive display
A challenge! A dual! Or perhaps a dream comes true?
“I dare you! Touch me! Fill my bottomless cup!
You’re too cowardly! I control men’s eyes.”
-Oh how I wish to cage my beast
Show it how in command I am
Each time I try tightening my girdle
Seduction dislodges my fixed joined ribs.
“You’re weakling, not worthy of my beauty!
My past imprisons the greatest men of the letter
Present masters and yet to be future literary geniuses
Beg at the doors of my headers and footers
“Please let us in: ” Oh these crawling broken wills!
I had, have so many … can’t keep track of their names
But you fool have no chance in heaven
To dip your pen on my delicious pulp
Go do best what you know best
Retreat back to your one tiny corner of illiteracy
I have fresher memories to cherry-pick from
I am therefore I choose hearts of all poetic imaginations
- Hey Billy Collins! Your turn! Come to bed!
And you fool! Don’t even bother...
“'Closing the door on your way out! ””
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Copyright Leaking Pen 2012
A rewrite for poetry gathering August 24th 2013 on Seduction
Comments about this poem (Seduction- The Genie Is Out Of The Bottle by Leaking Pen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Sweet pea to Cactus, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Talk less and try to realise, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- No hide I bother when play begins, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The shorter the stronger...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I'd like to meet your dragon, Dean Meredith
- Mera Rahnuma, Bano Ali
- Something about You, Dean Meredith
- Bubonic Terrorism, Gianni Pansensoy
- Shades of Ultraviolet Rays, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Heartbeat, Edgard Canales P