Tell me secrets only silence knows.
Shout me the pain that entwines in your chest,
when tears wish to pour thoughts
as you curl in the farthest corner of your present cage.
Gnaw in my sorrow as I taste the sour confessions you whisper to me.
Shutter your wings as you release yourself from the stitching sighs that held you down.
And when you're done sharing what teased your frown,
smile down at me.
Assure me you'll ride the wind and climb the stars
because then ill know you won't turn back ever again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Secret release by Alejandra Berber )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Venice, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
Poem of the Day
- Beats of the New City., Jiya Acharya
- Somewhere In Fantasy Land A Wedding, Heather Burns
- Somewhere In Fatasy Land Bracken Elfshi.., Heather Burns
- Happy New Year!, Tushar Ray
- This Is Hell, Paula Glynn
- Nap Time, Michael P. McParland
- Son of the Carpenter, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Joel Osteen = Soldier For The Lord, Tom Zart
- Wake Up, Dreamer, Paula Glynn
- Peace Be Upon You, Michael P. McParland