I have looked for you Forever,
Now I found you much too late,
And the sound of 'Never, Never',
Seems to always seal my fate.
I had dreamt of you so often,
Love complete and full of grace,
I had loved you as a Secret,
Never having seen your face.
The Ideal we fall in love with,
Is sometimes a desperate case,
Not responding, corresponding,
To our mental, warm embrace.
Yet, I'll not betray you ever,
And this Love will stay in place,
Even though I know that Never,
You will be mine to embrace.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Secret Love by Sandra Feldman )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Democracy, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou