The Silent Sword
Ten years I’ve lived in this house of mine,
Annually watching the cold decline,
Observing spring’s pervading green,
And meeting again a bird benign.
It sings so soft a song serene,
On a branch high up unseen.
I listen closely in my yard,
Until it lands ten feet between.
Although I’m just a peaceful bard,
It stares at me with keen eyes hard.
It hops and pecks across the grass,
Mending that which had been marred.
As season shifts its actions amass
A truth transparent, clear as glass.
All things will come and pass,
All things will come and pass.
The Silent Sword's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seasonal Robin by The Silent Sword )
- ‘Watch' is a Celebrity!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Please Listen to Me, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dashalogue - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Crazy or Genius?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ신도림오피녀 ⓑ구로오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu3 sibngnu3
- The Surma River, Md. Ziaul Haque
- You and Me, RISHAD MKPNR
- A Walk in Midnight, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Farewell to Love, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Soul mate, Kenneth Maswabi
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- November, Thomas Hood
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Letter from Italy, Joseph Addison
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(7 January 1820 – 28 May 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)