The Silent Sword
Ten years I’ve lived in this house of mine,
Annually watching the cold decline,
Observing spring’s pervading green,
And meeting again a bird benign.
It sings so soft a song serene,
On a branch high up unseen.
I listen closely in my yard,
Until it lands ten feet between.
Although I’m just a peaceful bard,
It stares at me with keen eyes hard.
It hops and pecks across the grass,
Mending that which had been marred.
As season shifts its actions amass
A truth transparent, clear as glass.
All things will come and pass,
All things will come and pass.
The Silent Sword's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seasonal Robin by The Silent Sword )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Simile, Monica Lanier
- Mental Evasions, Monica Lanier
- G I N A, hasmukh amathalal
- Esteemed, Monica Lanier
- बैसागुनि आगान, Bahadur Basumatary
- sTiLL the MOON mOVEs On PaSt MidNiGht ca.., sEaN nOrTh
- Released, Mehradad Nosrati
- Certain Feelings, Rohit Sapra
- Troubled Situations, Monica Lanier
- Keep heart open, hasmukh amathalal