Searching for Happiness with a Vengeance
You wait for them to bring you happiness,
then wonder why it never comes.
You give yourself those short reprieves,
by putting smoke into your lungs.
You force yourself to think you're happy,
and suppress what you cannot accept,
but when a balloon is too full of air,
what do you expect?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Searching for Happiness with a Vengeance by Louisa Brill )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Heroin, S.D. TIWARI
- 728 Days, Tara Stano
- Why do I write, S.D. TIWARI
- Stream of life, S.D. TIWARI
- We Must Learn, Jaipal Singh
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -67, Ronjoy Brahma
- Haiku, bonsai, S.D. TIWARI
- The Bloody Power Politics of The CPI(M), Bijay Kant Dubey
- Haiku, butterflies fly, S.D. TIWARI
- Live to Enjoy Life, Jaipal Singh