Searching for Happiness with a Vengeance
You wait for them to bring you happiness,
then wonder why it never comes.
You give yourself those short reprieves,
by putting smoke into your lungs.
You force yourself to think you're happy,
and suppress what you cannot accept,
but when a balloon is too full of air,
what do you expect?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Searching for Happiness with a Vengeance by Louisa Brill )
- Eternity I, Naveed Khalid
- The Reign of Life, Patrick Czyz
- On The Rosy Cross, Naveed Khalid
- Survival, Patrick Czyz
- Title Of A Poem, Naveed Khalid
- मेरे रब मेरे ही होना!, Aftab Alam
- On Valentine, Naveed Khalid
- The Ghost and the Darkness, Ima Ryma
- Bermuda's Triangle, Naveed Khalid
- खुद के साये से भी डरने लगा हूँ, Aftab Alam