Peering long into the Oceanside sky,
shit on by birds in flight,
Never me dare to wipe away the waste I so deserved,
Besides the sky is on my mind, zuma suns I’ve stared down are many now, I’ve burned round eye splitting circular dots into my corneas.
When I close my eyes it’s like a million spotlights burrowing into my brain.
Round and bright, Lit up Searchers, wandering about my mind, begging me to throw sand in my face to hasten their demise.
Wicked am I, lolling around looking for a heart shaped shell
So I can gaze upon some symbol I only dare peer at a second at a time.
There, Fists enclose around the find.
Hearts can be black like this one killer shell, heartshaped perfect.
Holding regret, hope, desire, failure, joy, oh and wishful love.
My love, A fabled legend, my love is like a Yeti.
I grasp the shell so hard with an outcry at last.
Bitter feelings got the better of me and blood runs down from my palm, my fist.
I’ve lain bare here in the sand
for quite a spate on a beach with now fancy biting crabs
I’ve lain here for hours, just to feel the pinch and the shell slits
Because sometimes crabs and sharp shells
can remind you how the small the pain can feel.
Princess LilyPad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seafoam Sociopath by Princess LilyPad )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Come Baby Come, Aftab Alam
- Solace in Test, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Coeur d'Alene, Lucas Pate
- With That Time To Find, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- My Prowling PH Eyes .... [DEMENTIA; VER.., Bri Edwards
- Quick To Finish Mentalities, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Invisible Cage (For Robin Williams), Tori Leftwich
- Advent Of The Eagle's Cry, Captain Cur
- Strange Charisma Of Your Words, Captain Cur
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 11, Aftab Alam