Peering long into the Oceanside sky,
shit on by birds in flight,
Never me dare to wipe away the waste I so deserved,
Besides the sky is on my mind, zuma suns I’ve stared down are many now, I’ve burned round eye splitting circular dots into my corneas.
When I close my eyes it’s like a million spotlights burrowing into my brain.
Round and bright, Lit up Searchers, wandering about my mind, begging me to throw sand in my face to hasten their demise.
Wicked am I, lolling around looking for a heart shaped shell
So I can gaze upon some symbol I only dare peer at a second at a time.
There, Fists enclose around the find.
Hearts can be black like this one killer shell, heartshaped perfect.
Holding regret, hope, desire, failure, joy, oh and wishful love.
My love, A fabled legend, my love is like a Yeti.
I grasp the shell so hard with an outcry at last.
Bitter feelings got the better of me and blood runs down from my palm, my fist.
I’ve lain bare here in the sand
for quite a spate on a beach with now fancy biting crabs
I’ve lain here for hours, just to feel the pinch and the shell slits
Because sometimes crabs and sharp shells
can remind you how the small the pain can feel.
Princess LilyPad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seafoam Sociopath by Princess LilyPad )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Silent Spring, Bijay Kant Dubey
- sTrEaMed 2 - Compliant s afforded. The .., sEaN nOrTh
- This world, appiah japheth
- Nation Building, Tony Adah
- A Dance Is A Poem Gesturted Through, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Salvage, appiah japheth
- Sitting In The Park, Paul Gerard Reed
- I wish for peace and not war pieces, Juwon Daniel
- Life is more than anything else, gajanan mishra
- DJ, The Making of A DJ, Bijay Kant Dubey