One, two, one, two, one, two, halt!
Our pace in life is spelled by the rhythm
Of the song in our soul
And so 're the finest things
The little bird sings of scottish pride;
Valour, honour and humour
All things imaginary
And the finest of them all
The little bird sings of scottish pride
Of all the beautiful songs
And they knew not why
She sings so passionate of motherland
The wind howls and trees bow in awe
Men carry about them their wit
Aye, the little bird comes along with her scottish pride
And hers was a tale of heroine anyway!
Matthias Pantaleon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Scottish Pride by Matthias Pantaleon )
- Fair And Square!, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Do Not Have Any Word, Neela Nath
- The Puzzle, Ravikumar C.P.
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- My Words And Her Words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf