The window was closing.
Whole life went by,
to understand oneself,
trying to find the true meanings of words,
using myself as a bait.
To read or not to read the unwritten,
blank page. A dot
a dash, a comma, parenthesis.
They were trying to find
the signature pains.
A green rust starts burying
the crumbling wall. The cognitive
climb gets a setback. Suddenly
the peeling off starts, of makeup.
You stand naked.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Scissors by Satish Verma )
- आं खोनायाखै, Ronjoy Brahma
- आं बावबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- COPLA 112 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Birch and Bracken, jim hogg
- History Echoed As A Verse, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Aku dan Februari, Afit Riawan
- Kisah Bunga, Afit Riawan
- You And You, V P Mahur
- आयै अ' आंनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- White Wings, Afit Riawan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- Disabled, Wilfred Owen
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)