Scars From Wounded Knee
Free me from this poetic verse
Free me from this above curse
My soul has to be set free
First fallen leaf from the tree
On my slide down to earth
First breath snuffed by death
Is this the beginning or the end?
Whose view is this my friend?
Same debate with a clear glass
Half full cheers! Or half empty alas!
Words frame my poetic thought
In whose web my soul is caught!
A holly saint once said and I quote:
We must make amends: He then wrote:
“It is always Goodness versus evil
The soul’s dilemma from primeval
From what I’ve seen more of the latter
Where is my soul? Does it really matter?
One in a gazillion can I make a difference
No fame, fortune or power frame my defence
Voices in the wilderness can you hear
The Baptist’s cries from ear to ear
What has deafened my listening veneer?
Have I been blinded by my earthly career?
Time quickly laps what is of value to count?
When void mounts the bulging bank account
Inner peace nest away forms the greedy tree
Divorce after divorce never sets the soul free
Words strung together my poem’s bequest
To give my best, a final test eternal rest
This testimony humbly sets my soul free
Bandage bleeding scars the Wounded Knee
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Revised August 4th 2013
Copyright Leaking Pen 2013
Comments about this poem (Scars From Wounded Knee by Leaking Pen )
- Migrants Plight, Paul Sebastian
- Sharing Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Human in art, hasmukh amathalal
- Legacy Of Goodness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Snowflakes, Wani Rahil
- Moments That Never Were, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- TREASURE ISLAND: Overall Statistics, Frank Avon
- Poet's mind, hasmukh amathalal
- Senses Flavorful Sounds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Behind everything, SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- City That Does Not Sleep, Federico García Lorca
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Heather Burns