Sanctuary Of Our Dreams
Why is it that we love like there is no day after? We grasp realisation firmly, satisfied on what or who we have in our arms. Yet when we lose the person or thing we love, we cannot accept realisation. The same realisation that kept us happy and sane now torments us.
Why do we dream of love yet to be experienced? We cannot deny our dreams, like we cannot deny a sunrise. So as we deal with the tormenting realisation, our pain is subsided in the sanctuary of our dreams. So when my sanctuary is tainted with the image of you, I am trapped. Trapped between twisted dreams that were once our sanctuary and realisation.
So when I lay my head down at night, I fear that I will see your beautiful image when I close my eyes. So I open my eyes wide, absorbing the darkness around me. As I stare into the darkness around me, I realise the sanctuary of my own mind's making...envying the beauty of death.
Mehdi Chith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sanctuary Of Our Dreams by Mehdi Chith )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- With hosttile, hasmukh amathalal
- The alluring juxtaposition of class, bea.., Stanley Collymore
- Εntity, Elena Ioannou
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea