Sanctuary Of Our Dreams
Why is it that we love like there is no day after? We grasp realisation firmly, satisfied on what or who we have in our arms. Yet when we lose the person or thing we love, we cannot accept realisation. The same realisation that kept us happy and sane now torments us.
Why do we dream of love yet to be experienced? We cannot deny our dreams, like we cannot deny a sunrise. So as we deal with the tormenting realisation, our pain is subsided in the sanctuary of our dreams. So when my sanctuary is tainted with the image of you, I am trapped. Trapped between twisted dreams that were once our sanctuary and realisation.
So when I lay my head down at night, I fear that I will see your beautiful image when I close my eyes. So I open my eyes wide, absorbing the darkness around me. As I stare into the darkness around me, I realise the sanctuary of my own mind's making...envying the beauty of death.
Mehdi Chith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sanctuary Of Our Dreams by Mehdi Chith )
- I Don't Care If You Don't Like It, Michael McParland
- Fairyland, Alesia Leach
- Lack of money does not mean lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On The T.V., Hannah Bryson Price
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- it is almost poetry, Mandolyn ...
- Wisdom's great aim, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)